Weird reasons you became a fan of a fighter.

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Tim Means got ko'd and fell on his ankle,severely injuring it. Since I had something like this happen to me,I know the struggle,and became a fan of his just for that.

Any other stories of being into fighters and it not initially having anything to do with their fighting ability or even personality?

Olivera: he reminds me of the Robin Williams robot from the movie Robots

images

Last edited:
I became a fan of Cormier coz he was a short fatso in the HW division at the time when fighters were cutting as much weight as possible to have all kinds of reach/height/size advantages.
Also, coz he KO'd Bigfoot just after Bigfoot murked my boy Fedro.

Stopped being his fan after the eye-poke festival vs Stipe.

Tim Means got ko'd and fell on his ankle,severely injuring it. Since I had something like this happen to me,I know the struggle,and became a fan of his just for that.

Any other stories of being into fighters and it not initially having anything to do with their fighting ability or even personality?

I got scar tissue on my face from an ATV crash and I cut easily in those spots. So I feel for Nate Diaz a lot.

I got scar tissue on my face from an ATV crash and I cut easily in those spots. So I feel for Nate Diaz a lot.
Yeah...I mean he doesnt seem to care at all,but it does suck to lose like he did against Masvidal for it.

But it seemed to just pump him up,the sight of his own blood...

Nope, usually I like their fighting style (Ferg, Gaethje) or their personality and that's it

Weird reasons why I became a hater of a fighter... yeah, plenty

Reading all your posts in Vettori's voice,in this thread makes it alot better.
I know right I’m gonna keep it for a while because of this.

Reactions: HHJ
Always loved Tim Boetsch for looking and fighting like a barbarian.
I was working doing ringside foto stuff at an IFL event,and it was Matsushenko vs Tim Boetsch who i never seen before til then.
Matshushenko was warming up on my side of the ring (since remember IFL had teams and they all would be on one side.

I just remember watching him bounce around on the floor getting himself ready to kill. It's stuck with me for some reason.

Back