Adesanya is one tittie defense away from GOAT MW status

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anderson would still be ahead of Israel as P4P GOAT mainly due to top5 wins at WW and LHW (Sakurai and Griffin) but their MW resume will be on par very soon imo

Anderson
#1-Belfort
#2-Henderson
#3-Franklin
#4-Sonnen
#5-Okami
#6- Marquardt
#7- Maia
#8- Horn

Adesanya
#1 - Whittaker
#2 - Romero
#3 - Costa
#4 - Vettori
#5 - Gastelum
#6 - Silva (washed up)
#7 - Brunson
#8 - Tavares

I'd say Israel is pretty close already
Does Leites, Newton, Murray, Coté, Lutter, Leben or Rivera add much to Anderson's GOAT MW status over Israel?

Lol, no.

Anderson is far far ahead. Just the fact that Silva was extremely dangerous with submissions on top of being an unbelievably talented striker puts him in front. Anderson was so dangerous compared to Israel it’s not even fair to compare them.

Adesanya’s ground game is dog shit, and he has zero wrestling.

Prime Anderson > Israel everywhere.

GOAT status to me can only be attained by garnering title defences. So he’s not even close in my book (Anderson’s ped busts not withstanding).

If thats the only criteria Rich Frankin is top5 MW of all-time and it should not be explained why thats ridiculous. Much respect to Rich though

Lol, no.

Anderson is far far ahead. Just the fact that Silva was extremely dangerous with submissions on top of being an unbelievably tenanted fighter puts him in front.

Adesanya’s ground game is dog shit, and he has zero wrestling.

Prime Anderson > Israel everywhere.

zero wrestling? How a guy with a 2006 account can be so ignorant about this game?

You have your criteria, and I have mine. I made it perfectly clear what mine is. Deal with it.

No need of "deal with it" dude.
By your simpleton/UFC shill criteria, Rich Franklin is a top5 MW of all-time. That's extremely ignorant. Deal with what

In terms of resume he might be close to Anderson, but Anderson violated the majority of his opponents and looked like he was on a completely different level. I don’t think that was purely down to so and so competition at times. Anderson was just ridiculous and I’d pick him to beat every fighter on Adesanya’s list.

zero wrestling? How a guy with a 2006 account can be so ignorant about this game?
Because Israel has zero wrestling. What part of your nonsensical post am I missing? Israel cannot wrestle. Anderson had some very effective trips from the Muay Thai clinch. That alone bests anything Adesanya can do in terms of getting the fight to the ground.

Israel's 3rd best win is Costa, whose career record looks like this:

nLYOJTQ.png

We don't really know how good he is. Future will reveal.

Weidman beat Uriah, Maia, Anderson, Munoz, Machida, Vitor, Gastelum. Doesn't mean he's the MW Goat or ahead of Anderson

It means he is #3, right?
Had he beaten Luke Rockhold, we would be making threads like this about him. But he lost, badly, and kept getting beat badly.

Back