Return opponent for Rockhold at MW?

Goldentrophy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who should be Luke Rockhold's opponent for his return at mw?
I think it should be somebody ranked in the top 10 and, I believe that man should be Jack Hermanson, who I think is probably one of his easier matchups in the division in the top 10.

Despite the champ Israel not being the worst matchup for Rockhold, I think Till, Cannonier, and Whittaker are maybe his tougher matchups.

Kelvin can knock him out, or Luke grapples him and possibly get the submission, and vs Costa/Vetorri, Luke can use his range and pick them apart from the outside and likely wins the clinch vs either guy.

I think a lot of those are pretry highly ranked for Luke to be jumping straight in at.

I'd have him fight Holland personally. Maybe Uriah?
Luke's ego will prevent him from taking anybody outside the top 10 but hopefully, I'm wrong and Holland is a good fight to gauge if he should retire once and for all.

Luke's ego will prevent him from taking anybody outside the top 10 but hopefully, I'm wrong and Holland is a good fight to gauge if he should retire once and for all.

True but after getting KO'd so much i'd like to think the ego's had a bit more of a reality check. He's managed to put his ego to the side and is training with Bispings coach currently so who knows?

#10 Shahbazyan. if Rockhold beats him, cool maybe he has another title run in him. if he looses, at least young prospect gets a push over a big name veteran. win-win for ufc.

#10 Shahbazyan. if Rockhold beats him, cool maybe he has another title run in him. if he looses, at least young prospect gets a push over a big name veteran. win-win for ufc.
I feel that's the perfect match now that I think about it.

I’d have him fight Jack. If Jack managed to knock him out then we would know for sure that Rockhold is completely done. Rockhold should still have enough in him to win this fight as stylistically it’s not a bad one for him.

Give him Gerald Meerschart

Luke needs a win badly. I get that he's aiming for a ranked opponent to expedite his way back to title contention and all, but he's got 0 momentum.

Another consecutive stoppage loss would be catastrophic for his career

Give him Gerald Meerschart

Luke needs a win badly. I get that he's aiming for a ranked opponent to expedite his way back to title contention and all, but he's got 0 momentum.

Another consecutive stoppage loss would be catastrophic for his career
I think his careers over anyways. You don’t get brutally KOd 4 times and come back the same. This sport is unforgiving.

Kevin Holland. Both are riding 2 fight losing streaks, and Kevin is still technically in the top 15.
I like Holland I genuinely want to see him take some much needed time right now to focus on his takedown defense and ability to create distance and stand back up from the guard. He is a super game competitor but lacks some technical nuances that could potentially make him great.

Reactions: D'z
I think his careers over anyways. You don’t get brutally KOd 4 times and come back the same. This sport is unforgiving.
I tend to agree, not sure what's left to achieve that would make the juice worth the squeeze.
I can't imagine him stringing together 2-3 wins these days, let alone impressive wins that would actually get him back to the top 5.
He's got some phenomenal skills offensively, but no connective tissue defensively, if that makes sense.
The gaps between his kicks and his top game are just too big, too ingrained in his style to be fixed now

Luke is coming back ? Again ?

Back