UFC judging is a joke, PRIDE rules, Diaz wins..

AdamantiumPimmel

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
..because almost getting ko'd in the end of the fight, walking on ice, just doesn't look very impressive, doesn't look like a win.
edwards was nowhere near an impact on diaz like this himself and he is lucky mma in the us has been sanctioned by idiots.

Edwards dominated Nate for 24 out of 25 minutes. Nate landing one good punch shouldn’t negate that and make him the winner of the fight.

Maybe if Diaz followed up with some strikes instead of pointing and laughing and allowing Leon to recover he could have won.

Pride Rules he still would have lost,they scored based on damage not rounds in pride which mean leon would have still won also pride never had 5 minutes 5 round fights like nate specifically asked for this fight

Maybe if Diaz followed up with some strikes instead of pointing and laughing and allowing Leon to recover he could have won.

Nate was pointing before he realized how hurt Leon was. When you watch the slow motion replay, you can see Diaz realize whats happening and immediately move to pressure him.

When Nate does throw, its like spaghetti arms - how you fight in a nightmare. He was too beaten up and gassed out to pour it on with follow up.

Pride Rules he still would have lost,they scored based on damage not rounds in pride which mean leon would have still won also pride never had 5 minutes 5 round fights like nate specifically asked for this fight
This. Pride valued attempting to finish the fights and it valued damage more. But they didn’t value it so much that 1 minute of chasing a hurt opponent would eclipse 24 minutes of winning.

Also Pride fights were 20 minutes and that happened at minute 24

Nate should fight more often so he stays used to the speed of real fighting. He looked a bit rusty there trying to get reacclimated to the octagon.

Edwards dominated Nate for 24 out of 25 minutes. Nate landing one good punch shouldn’t negate that and make him the winner of the fight.

sure, it was a great domination, until the lion smashed the tamer

True but they did have one 10 min straight round which actually gives a grappler time to work . Edwards would've probably won anyways though.

..because almost getting ko'd in the end of the fight, walking on ice, just doesn't look very impressive, doesn't look like a win.
edwards was nowhere near an impact on diaz like this himself and he is lucky mma in the us has been sanctioned by idiots.
I laughed pretty hard when Dana White said next time Nate will ask for a 6 round fight lol... I did make the same comment tho to my brother while watching the fight... that I wonder if Pride rules would have gave him the fight since at the very end he's the closest one to almost get the finish, they did score that differently regardless of what other people want to say, but this ain't pride rules.. I like Nate's comment at the press conference.. he said if that was a real street fight.. that would have been a wrap.. And he's right.. He was that close to finishing Leon. Could have been comeback of the year, he missed by split seconds and didn't realize how hurt Leon was. Leon looked like a deer in headlights, none of that matters now, Leon won the fight. Nate is back to the drawing board hoping for a Conor fight probably feeling like he really beat Leon..,

This. Pride valued attempting to finish the fights and it valued damage more. But they didn’t value it so much that 1 minute of chasing a hurt opponent would eclipse 24 minutes of winning.

Also Pride fights were 20 minutes and that happened at minute 24
I just hate that the piece of shit ariel helwani is the one reporter who had a lot of following who brought this false narrative when we saw stuff like that in many boxing and mma fights,he ended his career at espn with an embarrassing article saying ’leon may have won the fight but nate won the night’

In pride rules, diaz wouldve lost the first 10 minute round and the 5 minute round.

This is a sport, a game, not a real fight. You can score the goal/butter beater/touchdown/ace of the year, if you have less point, you lose.

The point of a sport/game is to find who is the best inside a specific set of rules, not to emulate some "real" situation.

Back