Were people impressed by Nate?

It played out how I expected really, Leon's willingness to grapple early was a little surprising.. Nate rocking him was too, though I put a lot of it down to Leon being very tired against an obvious cardio machine.. I think Leon wins 10/10 times though with Nate's scarface.

In a sense yea.
Not because I think he looks that relevant or skilled, but because I thought he was getting finished.

he was the biggest underdog on the card and still looks durable out there and was the closest one to finishing the fight.

that said, no one had Nate winning a decision lol

nate can look terrible every time he is out there, but the fans will still back and root for him because people like him as a person. that's something the vast majority of fighters can't say. if a fighter doesn't perform, they're at risk of losing their fanbase. with nate, all he has to do is fight hard and not give up, and he's good. when nate started bleeding, that pumped the fans even more. and of course the ending was epic.

The most impressive thing with Nate is the timing on that 1-2. Im always in awe when that thing lands. No one in MMA can pop the 1-2 like Nate does. That's his best weapon and one of the most effective signature moves in the game.

Other than that nah

no. he was losing the way i thought he'd lose. hurting Leon, that was impressive i guess. maybe more surprising and shocking for Leon than impressive for Nate though.

Hmmm I’m torn.

Leon is a true, legit top welter who is bigger than Nate. And with all that Nate survived grueling punishment and had him pretty hurt at the end. Other good lightweights would crumble against that type of beating before the 4th round.

My only thing with Leon is that he was throwing these long, telegraphed, haymakers. Chances are Conor, Dustin, Khabib and Gaethje would have countered him badly and capitalized unlike Nate.

He almost finished Leon out of pure heart and toughness. That is impressive, even if it's a different kind of impressive.

Reactions: D'z
Hmmm I’m torn.

Leon is a true, legit top welter who is bigger than Nate. And with all that Nate survived grueling punishment and had him pretty hurt at the end. Other good lightweights would crumble against that type of beating before the 4th round.

My only thing with Leon is that he was throwing these long, telegraphed, haymakers. Chances are Conor, Dustin, Khabib and Gaethje would have countered him badly and capitalized unlike Nate.
lol you just mentioned a bunch of LW's that Leon would absolutely demolish....clown

That fight was so predictable and yet still entertaining.

I’m not mad about it but Nate definitely doesn’t belong in there with top welterweights, there’s no other way to see it. He’s outclassed.

Back