Would the UFC Dare to do Moreno vs Askarov 2?

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
They finally have their Mexican born champion but Askarov is a tough challenge.

I think this match up is awesome but Askarov is a big risk for the UFC. We know how badly they want the Mexican market.

I'd personally like to see it. No doubt that Brandon has big star potential in Mexico so let's do it there. They don't care that their fighters are small. They'd be so hyped to see a Mexican champion headline a card.

Do you think the UFC would dare make this match up and would you like to see it?

Covid sure fucking things up. No one knows when the UFC can go to Mexico. Can be soon can be later... Shitty timing but it is what it is. Let's just hope Moreno can hold on to that belt until then.

I like Askarov, but people forgot he missed weight his last fight. I don't like seeing fighters that missed weight in their number 1 contender get a TS, it usually doesn't work out well.

I say make him fight the winner of Royval/Pantoja to earn it.
<PlusJuan>

I like Askarov but i think he is a little bit one dimensional, the current Moreno would run through him.

Is there any other title contender at FW anyway ? I don't believe at all in a trilogy with Figgy, and besides Pantoja (who is on a 1 fight winning streak) the rest of the top 5 is coming of losses

Not too many options other than that. Maybe Figgy rematch, but I think it’s too soon. Only other guy coming off a win in the top 5 is Pantoja, but he lost to Askarov the fight before that. He does have a history with Moreno though, beat him twice.

They might make Askarov fight Figgy and slip Figgy an IV bag in his hotel room to make sure he gets the job done.

makes the most sense tbh. also Moreno should have gotten the decision in that fight.

Moreno should have got the nod the first time they fought.

I'd actually like to see him fight Pantoja as he's lost to him twice before and I'm not sure how I feel about the champ being 0-2 against a guy who's in the same division.

I like Askarov, but people forgot he missed weight his last fight. I don't like seeing fighters that missed weight in their number 1 contender get a TS, it usually doesn't work out well.

I say make him fight the winner of Royval/Pantoja to earn it.
Deus da Guerra missed weight vs bendavidez and still got another title shot after so that’s not true at all askar is gonna get the title shot weather you guys like it or not.

Pantoja has Moreno's number, he dominated him in the second outing even more so than the first even without the finish. Askarov beat Pantoja in a close fight but Askarov is a much easier match up for Moreno overall.

Deus da Guerra missed weight vs bendavidez and still got another title shot after so that’s not true at all askar is gonna get the title shot weather you guys like it or not.
That's missing a lot of context. Figgy blasted Joey B in the first fight, there was controversy in the headbutt cut and it was more to run it back for Joey B to get a 'fair crack' at the title. Then he was manhandled like a baby.

Askar has missed weight a couple time right? Last fight was not against Moreno or for a title. The draw against Moreno is more controversial as folks seem to favor Moreno in that fight as not many scored it a draw. By that I mean zero media, not myself, and not a couple posters from above me in the forum.
upload_2021-6-14_14-15-18.png

You still might be right that Askar gets the fight as the question is, who else? But not for those reasons.

Its either Askarov or Pantoja and since Pantoja already has a fight lined up give Askarov the shot.

Back