Here are some great matchups for Nate Diaz...

1BadMF

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
1. Li Jingliang
2. Santiago Ponzinibbio
3. Geoff Neal
4. Carlos Condit
5. Niko Price
6. Mike Perry
7. Donald Cerrone

The ones I'd really like to see would be Condit or Perry. How about you guys?

Won't be surprised if they announce that he is the one fighting for the title next. I'm serious.

Some of those are just meaningless. At least put some name power behind them. Vs Cerrone..Really?? Get Diego back, I’m sure it will be a cracker.

You think Nate gonna give Condit that fight, after he saw the way Condit fought against his brother...ZZzzzzz. Not gonna happen.

Homey don't play that.

homey.jpg

Nate Diaz literally admitted in the post fight that he didn't train at all and was intentionally conserving energy to get to the final bell.

And people still want to see him.

The fact that Diaz is this popular and so many elite guys are middling on the undercard is everything wrong with this sport.

Tony or PMP. Conor 3 makes sense if Conor loses to Doostin.

Diaz has always had interesting matches if he wanted them and that is the problem. It seems to take a lot of work behind the scenes to get Nate into the cage.

He also only has one fight left on his contract at that will play a major roll on who he fights next. I won't want to be the UFC brass having to deal with Diaz on a new contract. It's a pain to get him to even accept a fight. Honestly, I think Diaz will get a mid level guy that looks good on paper to finish out his contract and the UFC will send him packing. Off course the Conor vs Dustin outcome will be a major factor in the UFC's decision with Diaz. Conor loses and Diaz trilogy makes a lot of sense for the UFC and Conor. Might be enough to get Diaz to resign without a ton of BS behind the scenes.

None of those names is worthy. You need to pair Nate with guys who aren't going to go in there "trying to win". i.e. Not guys who are up and comers, because they will wall/stall, look to nickel and dime him with leg kicks, etc. Not that those aren't effective strategies, just saying you don't need win-any-costs guys fighting Nate.

You need opponents who have a name, and who are willing to engage him on his level.
In no particular order: McGregor, Poirier, Ferguson, Chimaev could be interesting, Jorge, Mike Perry would be good (for Nate). I think Ferg makes the most sense

Cowboy? Yeah I'd like to see Nate fight Conor too :confused:

1. Li Jingliang
2. Santiago Ponzinibbio
3. Geoff Neal
4. Carlos Condit
5. Niko Price
6. Mike Perry
7. Donald Cerrone

The ones I'd really like to see would be Condit or Perry. How about you guys?

Condit? The guy pitter pattered with his brother Nick. Scared to engage for any significant stretch IIRC.

Nate Diaz literally admitted in the post fight that he didn't train at all and was intentionally conserving energy to get to the final bell.

And people still want to see him.

The fact that Diaz is this popular and so many elite guys are middling on the undercard is everything wrong with this sport.

no he said he had a cut which postponed the fight and it was in regards to not being able to spar in that time.

Back