News Israel Wants to Defend Again In October

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/robert-whittaker-up-next-for-israel-adesanya-confirms-dana-white/?amp

“Adesanya, before this fight happened, maybe two or three days ago, we got the word that he wants to fight again in October. It’s like, he hasn’t even fought yet and this kid is already talking about his next fight. I love that, Adesanya has become a very badass champion for us. So we’ll figure out him and Whittaker ASAP,” White said (h/t MMAMania).

This would be his 7th title fight in a little over 2 years and third title fight of 2021. Izzy and Usman have also combined to headline 9 of the last 20 UFC PPVs.

Most active champ in the UFC, ducks no one and wants to fight as much as possible while in his prime.

Meanwhile champs like Yan, Volk, Khabib and Stipe were barely capable of defending once a year

Izzy Bless

<RomeroSalute>

Last edited:
Imagine still hating on this guy, most active champion and just wants to stand and throw flashy shit, break men down, and embarrass them.

tenor.gif

War Izzy!<{RoseRun}>

Whittaker sounds like he’s game. It’s still a brutally tough fight for him, but I’m like his chances better in a rematch with some game plan adjustments.

Base case scenario is a FOTY draw with Rob taking another 6 month's off to heal; so Izzy can get another couple defenses in before a 3rd fight. Don't want either guy to lose this.

This is perfect. What excuse does Whittaker have to turn this fight down again of it’s in October? That’s more than enough time since his last fight and quarantining.

Wonder if they'll end up fighting in New Zealand in October, might have to push it until December etc possibly due to covid.

Or they'll just do it in the U.S. I hope it happens in New Zealand though, would be a big spectacle.

Oh how nice that time period works for Whittaker if he doesn’t take the fight he needs to be cut.
So he should have taken a short notice fight with the champion who had previously brutally knocked him out on around a month camp with ligament damaged hands, and 2 weeks stuck in quarantine? Because he asked for time after beating 3 top 10 guys in a row, 2 of whom would have fought for the belt if they'd beaten him he should be on the precipice of being cut? Honestly what a stupid comment.

Last edited:
Wonder if they'll end up fighting in New Zealand in October, might have to push it until December etc possibly due to covid.

Or they'll just do it in the U.S. I hope it happens in New Zealand though, would be a big spectacle.
Doubt NZ gov would let people in for October without quarantining for an extended period which would be a sticking point for the UFC, ditto Australia unfortunately. More likely this fight happens in the US, or if they are going to do it in NZ next year.

Back