Everyone's talking about Figueiredo's weightcut How about the damage from the first fight at age 33?

It was a back and forth war of attrition. Was 6 months enough to recover from that? Probably not.

Does he get dropped by a Jab six months ago? Probably not

Interesting thought. Their first one was a real banger. I wonder if Moreno's balls have fully recovered

Not enough fighters take time off from being hit in the head IMO (edit: especially because training requires it as well,) it's the pressure to fight X many times a year. That fight was short notice with health issues for Figgy before hand and looking like death warmed over again at the weighins. Took mad damage in the 4th round. It's everything combined with each issue being fairly significant.

It was a back and forth war of attrition. Was 6 months enough to recover from that? Probably not.

Does he get dropped by a Jab six months ago? Probably not

Yup and Moreno has clear youth on his side

Not enough fighters take time off from being hit in the head IMO (edit: especially because training requires it as well,) it's the pressure to fight X many times a year. That fight was short notice with health issues for Figgy before hand and looking like death warmed over again at the weighins. Took mad damage in the 4th round. It's everything combined with each issue being fairly significant.
Dudes will heads will triple bounce off the canvas and they're back in octagon 3 months later

Never seen him that slow, I’m thinking weight cut killed his energy. He did some cheap things in the 1st fight so oh well.

Being a weight bully will only get you so far

He was in slow motion. Sometimes things are just obvious. That cut killed him.

Never seen him that slow, I’m thinking weight cut killed his energy. He did some cheap things in the 1st fight so oh well.
he did two weight cuts in less than 2 weeks back in december, took damage and fought six months later and is 33. It's not one thing. It's probably the summation of things. But I feel his age is not being talked about and the damage that he took.

Interesting thought. Their first one was a real banger. I wonder if Moreno's balls have fully recovered
Don't forget he also cut weight almost back to back. At age 33 back in december and took damage in the second fight. If this was tony, people would be saying how stupid he was, etc but I don't think alot of people realized figgy was already older for the division

It wasn't Fig. It was Moreno. This fight wasn't on 6 days notice for him this time. He's just that much better than Fig.

Nothing to do with the weight cut
Nothing to do with training camp
Nothing to do with health issues

Everything to do with Moreno simply being the better fighter of the two.

I loved Moreno's performance, but you would have to be blind to say something wasn't wrong with Figgy here.

It was most likely the weight cut(was in tears after making weight), probably the lingering health issues from the last fight(sent to the hospital a day before the fight), and taking two fights back-to-back 21 days apart did some damage to his body too(2 brutal weight cuts).
Being 33 years old as a big FLW doesn't help either.

It wasn't Fig. It was Moreno. This fight wasn't on 6 days notice for him this time. He's just that much better than Fig.

Nothing to do with the weight cut
Nothing to do with training camp
Nothing to do with health issues

Everything to do with Moreno simply being the better fighter of the two.
I agree he's the better fighter and I believe he was going to win, but I don't buy the whole weightcut thing as much. If Anything, I think it's more his age, his attrition and doing weightcuts back in december back to back and taking alot of damage in the first fight than I believe its this current weightcut that did him in.

How many wars has figgy been in?
The few fights I have watched of him has been him dominating except the first and second Moreno fights. The Formiga fight was a kinda war ...

It's gym wars and the weight cut rather than wars in the octagon I believe

If Moreno remains champ anyone believe Joe B. might have one last title run in him?

Don't forget he also cut weight almost back to back. At age 33 back in december and took damage in the second fight. If this was tony, people would be saying how stupid he was, etc but I don't think alot of people realized figgy was already older for the division
Sure. Plus 125 is a young man's division. There seems to be a trend that the lower the weight class, the younger the prime competitive age. It'd be interesting to see the average age of the top 15 or so in each weight class. Someone who is less lazy than me should go figure that up

Something wasn't right with him, either physically or mentally.

It was like he couldn't muster the energy or willpower in there to fight back. Moreno is good, but he's not that good.

We'll see what happens, but you are correct that being 33 at the lighter divisions doesn't bode well for his future.

Back