Silva got subbed by Japanese cans in his prime twice

Chonan was already going downhill in Japan before he joined the UFC. Chonan at 1 point in time was a top 10 fighter. Most greats have some regrettable losses. I personally believe GSP is the overall GOAT but many times people bring up "blown up LW Matt Serra TKO'd GSP". It is what it is

Kind of off topic but I think Silva fans should like Adesanya. If a fighter is similar to your favorite fighter of all time, wouldn't you enjoy him as champion?

It's the same reason why a lot of Khabib fans like Islam Makhachev

Wow. A thread like has been made consistently for the passed 15 years lmao. Guys don’t improve though out their careers

Not to mention he was allowed to juice in pride

That first sub is some beautiful shit, but who cares the dude grew from these fights.

imagine Adesanya losing to someone with a 12-15-2 record or a journeyman who went 1-3 in the ufc. {<shrug}

The GOAT living rent free in the heads of new MMA fans.

asilva_dance06.gif

Finally, an original thread that definitely hasn't been made on a weekly basis for 10 years

Silva was also fighting at Welterweight. A Weightclass he should not have been at. Not to mention he wasn't with his team that lead him to his UFC run.

Kind of off topic but I think Silva fans should like Adesanya. If a fighter is similar to your favorite fighter of all time, wouldn't you enjoy him as champion?

It's the same reason why a lot of Khabib fans like Islam Makhachev

True to an extent. They have some similarities in their game but personality wise i m not so sure.
And personality seems to be an important factor to the fans

Saku said Takase was the best guy in the gym, he just couldn't put it together in the ring. You see flashes of brilliance in his career but he was never consistent. The guy beat Carlos Newton and Anderson Silva, so he obviously wasn't a complete can despite his terrible record.

Back