Izzy Doesn't Try To Finish. Israel Doesn't Take Risks.

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Lmao at this narrative. What are you on??? Adesanya fought the majority of the fight with his hands down. What further risks was he supposed to take??? Some of you use to cry that Anderson taunted too much, but now you pretty much are getting upset with Israel for not simply standing still and banging or taunting Vettori until Vettori decided to take a risk.

Also did you not see all the headkicks Adesanya was slamming in to Vettori. He wanted to finish him. He was landing low kicks trying to set it up. I do believe Adesanya should have went to the body more but who the fuck am I??? You have to give Vettori credit for defending well and being always durable. But he was the one stalling the action at times. He was the one unable to make Adesanya uncomfortable at anytime. He was the one unwilling to risk.

i think the takedown threat made him uncomfortable that's why he fought the way he did. even his punches and the way he set them up all seemed to be to counter a takedown counter. he got tagged by some punches i didn't think he should have been, but that's nothing new. nearly every fighter who is a striker vs a strong takedown artist gets tagged on the feet because of the takedown threat.

i don't say that because Adesanya looked terrible. he won pretty easily, i just think he looked uncomfortable because of how robotic his combinations were and how stiff he looked when hand fighting Marvin. he didn't seem his usual flowy self.

15 finishes in 21 fights lol sure buddy.

You putting him too high of a pedestal that if he doesn't KO his opponent it's a letdown.

Yall haters getting pathetic lol. He stopped Costa and Whitakker. Those 2 are killers and it takes balls to stay in the pocket and throw a kill shot against those 2

Hard to finish when your opponent is slipping most of your head strikes. Izzy only have success with leg kicks on the feet.

Izzy has literally embarrassed 4 out the top 5 in the MW division

Whittaker
Costa
Vettori x2
Brunson

15 finishes in 21 fights lol sure buddy.

You putting him too high of a pedestal that if he doesn't KO his opponent it's a letdown.

Yall haters getting pathetic lol. He stopped Costa and Whitakker. Those 2 are killers and it takes balls to stay in the pocket and throw a kill shot against those 2
Vettori absorbed over 50 solid kicks to his leg and still kept going forward, still putting Izzy against the cage, still forcing takedowns. Vettori had a severely compromised leg for 5 rounds.

Izzy could not put away an Italian with one leg. Guy is a joke.

i think the takedown threat made him uncomfortable that's why he fought the way he did. even his punches and the way he set them up all seemed to be to counter a takedown counter. he got tagged by some punches i didn't think he should have been, but that's nothing new. nearly every fighter who is a striker vs a strong takedown artist gets tagged on the feet because of the takedown threat.

i don't say that because Adesanya looked terrible. he won pretty easily, i just think he looked uncomfortable because of how robotic his combinations were and how stiff he looked when hand fighting Marvin. he didn't seem his usual flowy self.
That's a fair and completely understandable assessment. A fighter has to adjust to the threat presented after all.

Hard to finish when your opponent is slipping most of your head strikes. Izzy only have success with leg kicks on the feet.
But that's credit to the opponents right??? Not that Israel wasn't trying.

And then if you take risks and get caught Sherdog thinks you are shit. Can't win.

4th round he went for it. 5th round Vettori was gassed and continued to try press him on the fence to get a takedown.

Back