Conor Mcgregor vs Dustin Poirier 3, Less than a month away. Who wins?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score

Conor vs Dustin 3 is happening in less than a month's time. I'd like to know what Sherbros think. Make your final predictions for this fight here!

On one hand, Dustin is younger, more experienced, much more active, fought better competition, much much more improved from their first fight, bigger(said so himself by Dustin), better grappler, better cardio, probably better chin at this point, and more diverse striking, much more well rounded, better camp, better coach, better training partners, and probably has the mental edge coming off a knock out win, from which Conor probably haven't taken enough time off.

However, Conor is still Conor.

I'm slightly leaning towards Conor, but will see. What says you Sherbros?

Badass trailer, wished they made more trailers like this for PPV fights.
Only issue is that it had a VERY big bias towards Conor, which is understandable since he's the star of the show. I still think they should show more respect to Dustin.

To your question, I think Dustin takes it pretty easily now since it hasn't been a long time since the last fight. I think Conor's chin will be compromised coming so soon after a KO loss.
No matter what happens though, I'm 80% sure this fight ends with a finish in the first 3 rounds.

It's hard not to pick the guy who dominated the matchup when they fought just a few months ago. Smart money has to be on Dustin. Not sure Conor can adjust enough in a few months and put together a winning gameplan vs Dustin, especially considering his camp of yes-men that he surrounds himself with. Conor winning would create a ton of excitement in the LW division so I wouldn't mind seeing it... but it just seems very unlikely at this point. Dustin is at the top of his game and is the best LW in the world right now with Khabib retired, IMO.

Poirier. This fight is actually a mismatch being sold as a competitive fight. Same as the rematch. Mystic Mac died 3+ years ago. I have tickets, we might not see Coner fighting in the UFC again or at least for many years after this one.

Conor has one run-back fight in the UFC and in that fight he showed improvement. I think he adjusts to those legs strikes like a former dual weight-class champ should and gets the win.

It should be fun.

Poirier. This fight is actually a mismatch being sold as a competitive fight. Same as the rematch. Mystic Mac died 3+ years ago. I have tickets, we might not see Coner fighting in the UFC for many years after this one.

Damn lucky you. That fight card is stacked with amazing main event. They don't really stack Conor cards. This time they did. I'm thinking they might be thinking this might be it for Conor and he loses again. Like 6 months off his knock out loss, so prob started training like 3 months after...

All the variables are in Dustin’s favour. I think he wins again by finish. But I wouldn’t mind Conor winning.
I've shit on Conor a lot on here, but I don't think I would mind seeing him win too. I would definitely feel sad for Dustin though since he fucked himself outta of a TS if he lost.

If Conor is willing to fight for the belt and defend it, I would be fine with it. I mainly got pissed that the UFC allowed him to hold up LW and FW back in the day.

I am thinking Dustin will get the job done. Conor was winging shots the first round without setting them up so hopefully he has a better gameplan this time around

Poirier. This fight is actually a mismatch being sold as a competitive fight. Same as the rematch. Mystic Mac died 3+ years ago. I have tickets, we might not see Coner fighting in the UFC again or at least for many years after this one.
That's one sad thing about it. If Conor loses, the biggest MMA star could possibly walk away from the sport.
I don't even think he would bother with Diaz 3 if he lost, but that would be a great retirement fight.

This photo must be shooped given how Conor looks in that video.

Back