Does Brad Riddell lack power

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He clipped Dober with straight right and overhand rights straight on the chin multiple times all night and Dober was unfazed.

On the contrary, Dober touched Riddell with a straight left just once and immediately buckled him

I think Drew Dober is just a tough motherfucker. Have you seen that jawline?
DREW%20DOBER%20BACKSTAGE%20THUMBNAIL%202019_0.jpg

Riddell definitely doesn't have huge power. He's more of a technical volume striker who picks you apart with a diverse attack rather than a guy with big one shot KO power.

Having said that, Drew Dober has a phenomenal chin. Riddell hit him CLEAN on the chin several times and Dober wasn't phased at all. I think a lot of guys would've been dropped by some of those shots, but Dober just has one of those seemingly uncrackable chins.

He doesn't seem to have one punch power, but he can clearly hurt people with strikes.

He's an awesome fighter. I'm a big fan.

In 35 fights, Dober's only lost via KO once. About 10 years ago. So maybe just a tough thing to do.

Riddell rung dobers bell on more than one occasion in that fight

Riddell definitely doesn't have huge power. He's more of a technical volume striker who picks you apart with a diverse attack rather than a guy with big one shot KO power.

Having said that, Drew Dober has a phenomenal chin. Riddell hit him CLEAN on the chin several times and Dober wasn't phased at all. I think a lot of guys would've been dropped by some of those shots, but Dober just has one of those seemingly uncrackable chins.
It'll crack, if anything volume guys had him skating at the end, imagine what hitters would do. He has pretty shit defense he either just backs up or eats it on the chin

Back