LMAO @ the Leon hate

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Edwards dominates and bloodies Diaz for 4 and a half rounds, gets clipped but keeps it together in the last, and everyones out here praising Diaz and claiming Leon "lost his shot, not that good" blah blah blah

Do you all realize how dumb you look right now. Edwards has won almost every round since his fight with Usman (10 fights ago) and just DESTROYED Diaz, but Diaz is such a dog that he was never fully out of the fight.

Edwards called out everyone, is a top fighter who is willing to fight lower ranked guys, and signed to fight Chimeav.

And you motherf*ckers still give the guy no love. Make's no sense.

Usman wants none of Leon. It was clearly his hardest fight in the UFC to date. He wants to bust up Colby again and hopes Leon loses before them clashing again. It's so obvious.

Guy already has the worst luck, and now that he is back and getting it.... the fans are trying to discredit the fuck out of him. You guys that don't fight might be bored by him, but all I see is technical mastery.

Future Champ
leon-edwards-ufc-fight-night-127.jpg

Is he an excellent fighter? Yes. Did he almost get knocked out by a pillow fisted bloated LW? Yes. It's hard to think he would have much for the top 5 at WW. Future Champ? Probably not but I wish he could be because I really like Leon. I just don't see it.

I don't think it's hate more than it is disappointment and the "Lol" factor that came with the last round.

This fight was supposed to be THE fight for Leon to come out, and put on an exciting fight, and while he was dominating the fight, his performance wasn't exciting, and that's always been the problem for him. Not only that, he played it safe and seemed rather content with winning a decision over an unranked opponent and universal punching bag in Nate Diaz but STILL got his shit rocked and almost got finished.

If someone like Nate can put him on Queer Street, Usman will likely knock his FUCKING block off. For all Leon has in technical prowess, he SEVERELY lacks in killer instinct and excitement, and an ability to take a clean shot. He's also far too passive and inactive on the feet that I don't see him outpointing Usman at this stage, ESPECIALLY not with the improvements Usman has made to his Striking.

I like Leon, but when you play it safe against a punching bag, and pillow fisted Striker, and still get rocked, it REALLY isn't a good look no matter how you try and spin it. Fact of the matter is, more people will see him getting KO'ed by Usman more than anything now.

I think the criticism comes in the context of how things work in the UFC and given that Colby is perceived to be the frontrunner for the title shot...so Leon needed to insert himself ahead of Colby with an undeniable performance. That simply didn't happen.

Yeah I agree 100%. Leon is for sure a top 3 fighter in the WW division. He beat the fuck out of Nate for 4 rounds and won an easy 49-49 decision, like he was supposed to. His unbeaten streak is extremely impressive and he deserves a title shot soon.

I still think Usman beats him as he has way more power in his hands and can likely control him with his pace and grappling. But Leon definitely represents one of the toughest challenges in the division.

He's black, and he's not even American. Unfortunately, you're not going to change the minds of all the racists here on Sherdog.

Yeah. I was just going to say I don’t like leon because he’s black and not American...

so I was going for the guy named Diaz. As I’m only racist against non American blacks.

it has nothing to do with how a guy has fought for 15 years and the entertainment provided.

it’s all about non American who are black. You really nailed it.

Everyone gets caught sometimes but haters gonna hate brother so fudge them

Believe what you want but Diaz stock went up higher than Edwards in that fight. Diaz was the one coming forward and pressing the action. Diaz also came the closest to finishing the fight. Edwards stock stayed pretty much the same if not dropped. Colby's getting the next title shot, Edwards can maybe fight the winner of Wonderboy and Burns.

Here we go with the narrative that the only reason why people don't like to watch Leon fight is because he's black.

he’s a non American black. Nate is an aryan fighter so he gets all the support from sherdog.

everything is race on here. It’s never ending on here.

Reactions: JSN
Until he gives Belal the deserved rematch he will be cursed forever

Back