Darren Till will be Izzy's toughest fight since KG

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Styles make fights and although Till has his own flaws he still has very good MT and fantastic timing with his punches.

The weakest part of Izzy's striking is his boxing and when I watched Izzy being backed up against the cage last night I couldn't help but wonder how that looks with Till in front of him, with his long reach, and tricky feints, setting up his left cross which Izzy does get hit with.

This is the matchup I really want to see after Bobby Izzy.

Styles make fights and although Till has his own flaws he still has very good MT and fantastic timing with his punches.

The weakest part of Izzy's striking is his boxing and when I watched Izzy being backed up against the cage last night I couldn't help but wonder how that looks with Till in front of him, with his long reach, and tricky feints, setting up his left cross which Izzy does get hit with.

Matchup wise, yes. Darren is a very strategic counter puncher and can pose alot of problems for Israel. Whittaker barely even won against Till so thats how good Darren is. After Till beats Brunson hes probably up next

Till needs to get a win first. I wasn't really impressed by him that much before, he destroyed Cerrone which was decent at the time, had an ok performance against Wonderboy and a pretty good performance against Kelvin(I dont rate this too high since Kelvin looked like shit in this fight).

His performance against Rob caught my attention though and showed he's a big problem when he puts it all together. I really wished we saw him vs Marvin, that was a pretty intriguing fight on paper.

Idk how he'd do against Izzy, all I know is buildup will be fun as hell.

Been wanting to see it for the same reasons, I want to see how Izzy deals with the pressure and a man who won't bite on all his feints. Still see a dominant win for Izzy, Till is too inactive, but a fresh match up nonetheless.

The hardest part of this scenario is getting Till to the fight, the dude can't string together top wins to save his life.

His toughest fight will be the Whitaker rematch, and I think most are reasonably justified in doubting Whitaker's chances after the first fight.

Nobody else has a chance of dethroning Izzy at MW right now. Looks like we're all finally ready to accept this.

Izzy has fallen in love with thigh and calf kicks. No more staring contests. He's going to fuck up a leg if you don't engage.

Till is actually his easiest matchup. Darren has good muy Thai, but no MW without a submission game presents a real threat to Izzy.

With the threat of submissions removed Izzy can have a kickboxing match which he is world class in.

It also won't be an exciting fight. Izzy will fight him at long range, and just touch him up every time he comes forward and misses.

That would basically be a free title defense for Izzy.

Till can be very good but IMO for him to get there he has to accept that he's not a power puncher. He seems like a guy who has built his fighting style around having big time power and he just doesn't. He needs to throw more volume.

Till needs to get a win first. I wasn't really impressed by him that much before, he destroyed Cerrone which was decent at the time, had an ok performance against Wonderboy and a pretty good performance against Kelvin(I dont rate this too high since Kelvin looked like shit in this fight).

His performance against Rob caught my attention though and showed he's a big problem when he puts it all together. I really wished we saw him vs Marvin, that was a pretty intriguing fight on paper.

Idk how he'd do against Izzy, all I know is buildup will be fun as hell.

Yes, IMO Till would be the most interesting fight due to his personality and selling a fight. But as a fighter, I think he's overrated and someone who (if you are a proper manager), you can manage your way up to a title shot. He doesn't seem like a guy who can take/beat any and all comers.

Till can be very good but IMO for him to get there he has to accept that he's not a power puncher. He seems like a guy who has built his fighting style around having big time power and he just doesn't. He needs to throw more volume.
I disagree. I think Till has huge power, even at MW.

Been wanting to see it for the same reasons, I want to see how Izzy deals with the pressure and a man who won't bite on all his feints. Still see a dominant win for Izzy, Till is too inactive, but a fresh match up nonetheless.

The hardest part of this scenario is getting Till to the fight, the dude can't string together top wins to save his life.
For sure brother.
Till just doesnt deserve it right now.
To add on to your breakdown, Till is also a guy who feints a lot himself, but his feints are more boxing oriented and that's the chess match I'm interested in.

Back