How do you rate Evloev as a prospect?

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
15-0 and 27 years old. On the scale of 1 to 10, I would say he's around 7 or 8.

He's a great prospect but I don't think he can crack the top 5 in FW tbh, he's just not big enough and good enough to negate the size difference to effectively implement his grappling against monsters like Max, Volk, Ortega, and Zabit. I would also favor Katter, Barboza, Emmet, and Allen over him.

He also not that threatening on feet, he has good and fast hands, but he has no power on those strikes.

He is very good prospect but undersized for the division.

he’s good. striking needs serious work but he has pop and is clearly a freak athlete. his nonstop offense is gonna be tough to handle.

He’s the best prospect outside the top 5 in this division.

He has insane cardio, so he’ll be better in 5 rounders than he is in 3. I think Max (who also has crazy cardio) will be at FW after 1-2 more fights anyways so he’ll probably miss fighting him.

He has insane cardio, so he’ll be better in 5 rounders than he is in 3. I think Max (who also has crazy cardio) will be at FW after 1-2 more fights anyways so he’ll probably miss fighting him.
Topuria and Allen are better prospects.

I thought he gassed last night

I thought he gassed last night

I think that was because he decided to try and do a round of striking with Dawodu to prove a point but did not manage to prove that point.

15-0 and 27 years old. On the scale of 1 to 10, I would say he's around 7 or 8.

He's a great prospect but I don't think he can crack the top 5 in FW tbh, he's just not big enough and good enough to negate the size difference to effectively implement his grappling against monsters like Max, Volk, Ortega, and Zabit. I would also favor Katter, Barboza, Emmet, and Allen over him.

He also not that threatening on feet, he has good and fast hands, but he has no power on those strikes.

He almost lost in that third round. I think a few adjustments and if he keeps improving he will eventually get a title shot.

His grappling game looks suffocating. And having cardio like that is almost a superpower. Can't wait to see his next fight.

He almost lost in that third round. I think a few adjustments and if he keeps improving he will eventually get a title shot.
He played with fire in the third but once he found himself in trouble he just said fuck it and went back to grapplefucking his opponent.
His grappling is really really good.

Meh, just another Russian grappler. Does all the same things, he's very good but forgettable.

He's very good. Very dominant especially the first couple rds. He slowed down in the third, that could cost him against the top dogs. His s&c programme seems to be working, i think he looks bigger now than he did a year ago, when I thought he looked undersized. Him and Topuria are the best young prospects at 145 (well aj Mckee too)

His wrestling and grappling are equally tight and effective. This is a rarity in MMA. Generally fighters might be brilliant at takedowns but are a work in progress on the ground (Colby, Gregor) or they are insane on the ground but not so great with takedowns (Brady, Gavin Tucker, Bryce Mitchell)
Evloev is reminiscent of Machakev in that it’s tough to pick whether he is more a wrestler or submission grappler. I’d go as far as to say he is even more clinical with his wrestling than Islam.

Evloev doesn’t allow his opponent to scramble and when they do he remains two steps ahead.
How anyone fails to observe his potential is mind boggling.

Whether he can ever force that style onto Yan or Volk is doubtful, but he would potentially rag doll Sterling already.

Back