How can Vettori think he won last night ?

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
LavishGroundedGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

the same way Diaz can.
Its hard to admit defeat when you take minimal damage against a champ who paints himself as this killer straight out of an anime, but only really point fights.

But just before some people jump on me: Ofc Vettori clearly lost that fight.

the same way Diaz can.
Its hard to admit defeat when you take minimal damage against a champ who paints himself as this killer straight out of an anime, but only really point fights.

People like you make me root for adesanya and I don't even like his personality

I respect Israel but if he's not getting the finish odds are it's a boring point fighting fight. Gastelum was able to bring a fight out of him though.
Yup the opponent really has to bring the fight out of Izzy to make it competitive, Romero was another one who did fuck all so that fight was also a snoozefest (Costa fight was an exception though, probably due to all the bad blood).

Maybe thought he won on aggression alone, and couldn't fathom that he'd lose because of a disparity in leg kicks landed.

Vettori won under PRIDE rules

Came close to finishing Izzy with the RNC
While Izzy just ran throughout most of the fight and threw bitch ass leg kicks

the same way Diaz can.

Vettori was the one stalling the action you pathetic nincompoop.

Vettori clearly lost ... his standup defence was really good besides the leg kick

Vettori won under PRIDE rules

Came close to finishing Izzy with the RNC
While Izzy just ran throughout most of the fight and threw bitch ass leg kicks
I believe Izzy won, there’s no argument there. Butttt
I gotta agree and say there is kind of an argument to made about this, Vettori advanced for most of the fight landed more than anyone gave him credit for and even had the champ in trouble at one point.
Adesanya may have hit him with more leg kicks but in no way had Marvin moving backwards or in trouble.

People saying this is was a domination are pretty bias.

He really should have run the gauntlet before getting this title shot. in other words since when does a dub over Kevin Holland earn you a ts?
I think he was only there because he went to a split with Adesanya and they have beef. He had a win streak but he didn’t have a standout win. Best win was Jack. His other opponents were very average for the most part.

Ade referred Vettori as a bull. Fight was matador vs bull. Israel has a very high fight IQ, that comes from 100+ combat sport contests. Can stay relaxed in there. See every move. Vettori bit on every little feint. Wide-eyed, perplexed with Ade's movement. Can't pull the trigger. And poor Fight IQ. Marvin didn't do what his coaches wanted him to do. His brain can't handle all that in such a high-stakes setting. Doesn't have the experience Adesanya has.

Back