Is Adesanya the middleweight version of Jon Jones ?

King Crab

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
His striking seems pretty mediocre, repetitive combo uppercuts follow by a left or right cross, super methodical not taking chances, very good kicking games high to low zones..I mean on one hand he is the champion and it's the challengers job to win the fight but man I swear he follows Jons blueprints for his wins.

No.

Jon Jones is Jon Jones and Israel Adesanya is Israel Adesanya.

Jones is better than Adesanya. Adesanya had his opportunity to challenge Jones for that title but opted not to, only to move up anyway making it obvious that he wanted no parts of Jones.

He was a glory kickboxing champ out boxed boxing champs
He wasn’t a champion in glory, he’s like 4-3 or 4-4 in glory. The majority of his career was in King of the Ring and Wu Lin Feng.

The Anderson comparison is more apt. They are both more technical strikers than Jon but struggle with grapplers and defensive strikers.

People forget Anderson had some boring fights as well

He was a glory kickboxing champ out boxed boxing champs

Opposed to what we are actually seeing in the octogon. I am not saying his boxing is bad or mediocre by any means but he isnt a knockout artist by any stretch either.

Lol completely different types of fighters but Jones would destroy him

No shit sherlock, obviously they are two different weight divisions apart. I am not asking who would win in a 1 v 1.

No shit sherlock, obviously they are two different weight divisions apart. I am not asking who would win in a 1 v 1.
Well you must be dumb as hell if you think Jones is similar to Israel

The Anderson comparison is more apt. They are both more technical strikers than Jon but struggle with grapplers and defensive strikers.

People forget Anderson had some boring fights as well

Anderson uses kicks notably less than Jon in their own respective tookits. Jon is famous for dismantling his opponents with obliques, checks and all sorts of nasty heel strikes.

Well you must be dumb as hell if you think Jones is similar to Israel

You are the ahole who commented on who would win a 1 v 1 you moron. Do you even think before you type. I never compared the two on a 1 vs 1 scroll up dipsht.

You are the ahole who commented on who would win a 1 v 1 you moron. Do you even think before you type.
I said they are different types of fighters and then just added it for extra salt as a joke lol. Stop crying

He wasn’t a champion in glory, he’s like 4-3 or 4-4 in glory. The majority of his career was in King of the Ring and Wu Lin Feng.
I thought he was interim and then lost to Jason Wilnis

Opposed to what we are actually seeing in the octogon. I am not saying his boxing is bad or mediocre by any means but he isnt a knockout artist by any stretch either.
He lands some good combos which can get you in tricky spots but not recently

Jon Jones actually throws punches. Isreal threw like 8 punches total.

Please "mods" Could you at least pretend to have a job of some kind here, and start banning people that make threads like this?

Back