Leon Edwards does NOT deserve a title shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
They fed Nate Diaz to this man on a silver platter trying to build up his record and it almost backfires in the worst way.

Clearly has nothing for Usman at this point, he needs to give Belal Muhammad his rematch and then give him a real #1 contender fight against a legit top 5 WW...

They fed Nate Diaz to this man on a silver platter trying to build up his record and it almost backfires in the worst way.

Clearly has nothing for Usman at this point, he needs to give Belal Muhammad his rematch and then give him a real #1 contender fight against a legit top 5 WW...
One, MMA math doesn't work.

Two, I think Covington deserves the next fight with Usman.

Three, Edwards dominated Diaz from start to the ONE split minute where Diaz tagged him and had him hurt.

You're delusional if you think Edwards is not a contender for the WW.

Run it back with Belal, and if he beats him then he should be next in line.

The man hasn't lost since 2015.

Edwards has to be hands down the most shit on top fighter in the organization. 3 piece and a soda , the Shenanigans with Belal fight and then dominating 24 minutes vs Nate only to survive being dead to rights against the Nate Zombie .
All this verifies to me is that once Usman beats Colby again , there is no WW I see beating Usman unless he drastically drops off.

Three, Edwards dominated Diaz from start to the ONE split minute where Diaz tagged him and had him hurt.

How is that mma math? By conclusion is based off my opinions and observations, not the results of a past nate diaz/Usman fight that never happened...

How is that mma math? By conclusion is based off my opinions and observations, not the results of a past nate diaz/Usman fight that never happened...
Because you're saying since he got caught by Diaz, he stands no chance against Usman. That's still MMA math. Let's say MMA long division. Styles make fights. If anything, this is a learning experience for Edwards and maybe in the future he won't lax in the ending rounds.

Because you're saying since he got caught by Diaz, he stands no chance against Usman. That's still MMA math. Let's say MMA long division. Styles make fights. If anything, this is a learning experience for Edwards and maybe in the future he won't lax in the ending rounds.

Yeah styles do make fights and Diaz was the style that Leon was supposed to destroy

Yeah styles do make fights and Diaz was the style that Leon was supposed to destroy
Edwards was whooping that ass for 4 and a half rounds.

Nate is tough to put away for anybody. And proved that he's dangerous no matter how much of an ass kicking he takes. Edwards got lax and paid the price. It happens.

Edwards has to be hands down the most shit on top fighter in the organization. 3 piece and a soda , the Shenanigans with Belal fight and then dominating 24 minutes vs Nate only to survive being dead to rights against the Nate Zombie .
All this verifies to me is that once Usman beats Colby again , there is no WW I see beating Usman unless he drastically drops off.
He is a the best scrub in WW, who has just beaten all the scrubs to become king scrub.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...next-for-ufc-welterweight-champ-kamaru-usman/
“I feel I should be next in line for the title shot. That’s nine-in-a-row or 10-in-a-row. No one else is doing what I’m doing. I offered to fight everybody: Khamzat, Diaz, Belal. These guys aren’t in the top 10. I’m the only one saying, ‘Yes.’ Everyone else is, like, b*tching and sitting out and complaining. I’m the one that’s showing up, beating, and fighting these tough guys. I feel I deserve the next shot, for sure,”

You might think you deserve it, no one else does. Uncle Dana certainly doesn’t, and that’s what matters the most.

He will be tested in his next fight, or he will probably diva and duck out again for a year or 2 waiting for his title shot. When he doesn’t get it, he will come back and fight another ranked 14 opponent or something

While I agree that Edwards looked pretty damn lackluster and gets WAY too much respect for his win streak (quality over quantity doesn't exist anymore apparently), the idea that he should fight Belal next is beyond ridiculous.

Belal looked AWFUL yesterday IMHO and should not be anywhere near the title picture right now. Leon just had a very high profile fight and should get the next title shot because even if he has nothing for Usman (likely), he will likely get stopped and rally more fans behind the champ which helps the sport

He is a the best scrub in WW, who has just beaten all the scrubs to become king scrub.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...next-for-ufc-welterweight-champ-kamaru-usman/
“I feel I should be next in line for the title shot. That’s nine-in-a-row or 10-in-a-row. No one else is doing what I’m doing. I offered to fight everybody: Khamzat, Diaz, Belal. These guys aren’t in the top 10. I’m the only one saying, ‘Yes.’ Everyone else is, like, b*tching and sitting out and complaining. I’m the one that’s showing up, beating, and fighting these tough guys. I feel I deserve the next shot, for sure,”

You might think you deserve it, no one else does. Uncle Dana certainly doesn’t, and that’s what matters the most.

He will be tested in his next fight, or he will probably diva and duck out again for a year or 2 waiting for his title shot. When he doesn’t get it, he will come back and fight another ranked 14 opponent or something

WW isn't a bad division, Usman has just improved to the point when it's looks like a clown show chasing him. Usman finishes Edwards if they fought again , Usman's striking has improved to the point where it augments his wrestling well and he knows how to set traps and sit on his power. Edwards just hasn't proven that he ready to take any reigns .

WW isn't a bad division, Usman has just improved to the point when it's looks like a clown show chasing him. Usman finishes Edwards if they fought again , Usman's striking has improved to the point where it augments his wrestling well and he knows how to set traps and sit on his power. Edwards just hasn't proven that he ready to take any reigns .
WW is great and done great match ups, I was referring to the scrubs outside top 5/10 and Leon being the king of those.
Once Leon, Colby etc all stop chasing Usman for the next shot, and start taking fights with other contenders, it could make for an interesting division and we could see some amazing fights.

Unfortunately CC and Leon only seem to care about Usman, at least WB and Burns are getting at it.

WW is great and done great match ups, I was referring to the scrubs outside top 5/10 and Leon being the king of those.
Once Leon, Colby etc all stop chasing Usman for the next shot, and start taking fights with other contenders, it could make for an interesting division and we could see some amazing fights.

Unfortunately CC and Leon only seem to care about Usman, at least WB and Burns are getting at it.

Usman is a top Notch Champ allowing guys to come to him , he feels like a Contender chasing the strap. I was pissed for him Nate didn't pull off the miracle, Usman deserves that kind of Payday and would have gotten Nate for sure after beating Colby.

No one in that division is beating Usman so who cares who Dana gives the five dollars in fight money to? Edward’s has earned it

He got caught by Diaz because he mostly failed to damage Nate enough. If you are a top 5 WW, a rusty Diaz isn't supposed to survive 5 rounds.

No disrespect to belal but forget him, lets have leon against wonderboy on the same czrd than usman vs covington 2

Usman is a top Notch Champ allowing guys to come to him , he feels like a Contender chasing the strap. I was pissed for him Nate didn't pull off the miracle, Usman deserves that kind of Payday and would have gotten Nate for sure after beating Colby.
Yeah you are right about Usman.

Nate is a funny character, and should’ve swarmed him. But he has nothing to prove in his eye, and when he saw Leon wobble, he won and proved his point.

Nate clearly doesn’t give a fuck about title shots, fighting champs anymore, he just wants to go out and scrap and keep his name alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back