As a coach, I would tell my fighters to throw intentional fouls but act like they were unintentional

JJCc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think under the current rules/penalties that the UFC gives out for fouls, it is definitely in a fighters favor to throw 1 or 2 intentional fouls or even more because it can definitely help you win a fight.

The first low blow almost never results in a point loss. If you are really tired or don't want to be pressured by a advancing fighter, why not act like you are trying to throw a front kick to the stomach but aim low at the groin?

I doubt any referee could actually figure out that you were trying to not hit the stomach but hit the groin. Most likely ruled as accidental, you get to rest, and you do damage to your opponent and unless you do it 2-3 times you aren't going to lose a point.

Am I wrong? Aside from the moral or ethical side of it, doesn't this in practice yields practical benefits?

I'd wager money that a lot of fighters already throw intentional fouls but act like they were unintentional and always get away with it.

As a sherdogger I would tell my fellow sherdog members to put you in their ignore list

You sound like a great guy

You made another thread about pissing and shitting yourself to get an advantage lmao, wtf is wrong with you
You're really pretending you walk the moral high ground, after you reistered on Sherdog?

You sound like a great guy

You made another thread about pissing and shitting yourself to get an advantage lmao, wtf is wrong with you

My job is reviewing rule/policy and figuring out if there are loopholes around them and re-write them to avoid potential loop holes.

I look at rules all day and think about how they can be cheated and what can be put in place to prevent that. People see low blows all the time and just assume it's unintentional with very little evidence that it's actually unintentional.

They could easily all be intentional and done purposefully to gain an edge.

I'm actually just trying to point out that it would be extremely easy to cheat in MMA and get away with it.

I think under the current rules/penalties that the UFC gives out for fouls, it is definitely in a fighters favor to throw 1 or 2 intentional fouls or even more because it can definitely help you win a fight.

The first low blow almost never results in a point loss. If you are really tired or don't want to be pressured by a advancing fighter, why not act like you are trying to throw a front kick to the stomach but aim low at the groin?

I doubt any referee could actually figure out that you were trying to not hit the stomach but hit the groin. Most likely ruled as accidental, you get to rest, and you do damage to your opponent and unless you do it 2-3 times you aren't going to lose a point.

Am I wrong? Aside from the moral or ethical side of it, doesn't this in practice yields practical benefits?

I'd wager money that a lot of fighters already throw intentional fouls but act like they were unintentional and always get away with it.
Love the AV dude, this is the month for it!

I love how you champion gay and human rights and then argues for being a piece of shit human being and coach. Not that I am surprised MFer.

But i get what you mean. The punishment is way to lenient. The rules rigtt now awards that kind of behaviour. Personaly I think thry should overhaul the whole way they are scoring the fights. Like score the whole fight instead with more overall points so you can more easily deduct points for that kind of infractions.

I love how you champion gay and human rights and then argues for being a piece of shit human being and coach. Not that I am surprised MFer.

But i get what you mean. The punishment is way to lenient. The rules rigtt now awards that kind of behaviour. Personaly I think thry should overhaul the whole way they are scoring the fights. Like score the whole fight instead with more overall points so you can more easily deduct points for that kind of infractions.

Eh I'm actually not trying to say people should do it. I'm more trying to point out how easy and beneficial it would be to do it, and thus the rules should be changed.

For all the UFC has put into stopping the use of steroids, and catching people who dope, there exists a much bigger and more beneficial way of cheating through the use of intentional fouls.

If I was a scumbag that would use steroids in a fight, I'd certainly consider faking an intentional foul as unintentional to gain an advantage as well, and fouls can easily change the entire course of a fight and I'd argue it's a bigger advantage than steroids.

It certainly encourages fighters to push the limits early on because there is no punishment. I think they should just be hard on it. Like when leon grabbed the fence. Just take a point, he clearly did to stay up. If the fighter gains an advantage from it then clearly they should have points taken rather than warning IMO.

However a poorly timed nut shot like Izzy's is just a mistake and didn't compromise the fighter after they go the break. No reason to take a point unless they keep doing it. Sometimes accidents happen.

I don't believe 1 or 2 unintentionally fouls changes it the outcome of the fight unless it compromises the fighter in a meaningful way.

That worked well for Yan

Yan did a stupid intentional foul. I'm talking about fouls that you can pretend were unintentional, look all sorry about it, and walk over to apologize.

What if Izzy meant to kick Vettori in the balls today and just simply played it off like he didn't mean to?

I do think Izzy actually did it by accident, but he could have easily did it on purpose and no one would be wiser.

TS isn't wrong, even though it's a scumbag move. I'm sure fighters and camps discuss this.

Especially higher profile guys get more leeway. Conor, as proved by the Khabib fight, basically can't have a point taken away from him.

Eh I'm actually not trying to say people should do it. I'm more trying to point out how easy and beneficial it would be to do it, and thus the rules should be changed.

For all the UFC has put into stopping the use of steroids, and catching people who dope, there exists a much bigger and more beneficial way of cheating through the use of intentional fouls.

If I was a scumbag that would use steroids in a fight, I'd certainly consider faking an intentional foul as unintentional to gain an advantage as well, and fouls can easily change the entire course of a fight and I'd argue it's a bigger advantage than steroids.
Yeah I knew what you where getting at, that was what I said. I agree with you. And Jon Jones certainly agrees with you. Piece of shit human being using every loophole he can.

For the eyepokes they really need to start using different gloves that naturally bends more. There are a vunch out there and its outright criminal to not use them. If a fighter happens to lose an eye sometime in the future I hope they sue the UFC for complete negligence.

It certainly encourages fighters to push the limits early on because there is no punishment. I think they should just be hard on it. Like when leon grabbed the fence. Just take a point, he clearly did to stay up. If the fighter gains an advantage from it then clearly they should have points taken rather than warning IMO.

However a poorly timed nut shot like Izzy's is just a mistake and didn't compromise the fighter after they go the break. No reason to take a point unless they keep doing it. Sometimes accidents happen.

I don't believe 1 or 2 unintentionally fouls changes it the outcome of the fight unless it compromises the fighter in a meaningful way.

I think the issue is that it's so hard to tell if it's a mistake or on purpose, and because it's so hard to tell, if you take a lenient approach on it, it definitely encourages cheating because it's so easy to get away with.

Almost all nut shots that happen in the heat of action is deemed accidental, I can't remember the last time someone ruled it intentional without it happening like 3-4 times.

I don't think fouls will change the course of a fight if it is very one sided, but if it's a close fight, a fight that's gonna come down to 1 round or even half a round, I think a foul can definitely swing a fight.

Back