Bringing Life Back to Middleweight

DaRivv20

Robert Whittaker’s Official Simp.
Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first thread so I’m gonna start with something lighter.

I’ve seen many people post saying they feel like the current Middleweight division is lacking/stagnated/thinned out.

My question is what would be some ideas that the UFC could employ to boost this division?

With a dominant champion and a less dominant but still pretty good no.2 in the division(Rob) it seems that the top 5 is starting to bottleneck hard. A lack of original matchups is also a problem since both Izzy and Rob have fought pretty much everyone in he top 10 and Izzy has cleaned out the top 5 with Rob and Brunson keeping contenders at bay.

So what could the UFC do to bring some life back in?

My personal suggestion is to focus less in flooding their roster with people from DWCS and instead focus on signing individual talents preferably champions from other smaller organisations. The UFC has the most buying power of anyone but they are too fickle and cheap to use it. Signing champs fro ACA, KSW, M-1, Rizin, or even PFL or ONE FC. Ridder would be an awesome addition to MW and makes fun grappler vs striker match ups.

How about you? Any suggestions?

The UFC gonna pull an assassin job on Izzy lol? But seriously that would be fun but I think he hasn’t adopted his skill set to MMA as much but it would be fun to see him.
He has scary punching power. Literally as close to the death touch as possible in the active MMA roster.

Actually another question would be how do some of you feel other orgs’s MW divisions stand up he the UFC’s? With that we could try to find what we feel those orgs at doing right!

I think matching up 2 future title contenders(Cannonier and Till) with Bobby was a bad move. They expected Robert to lose those fights, he didn't and now Izzy will have had a rematch with 2 former opponents(Vettori and Rob). I think they should've matched 2 people who never fought Izzy for a number 1 contender spot.

Now Till probably has to get 2 wins for a TS, and Cannonier has to win 1 or 2 more for a TS.

Middleweight and light heavyweight are both really bland right now
Definitely but at least LHW has some fun fights with Jan, Jiri, but I agree they’re sparse. However with the dominant champion JBJ gone it feels like it might be slowly kindling again.

And with the possibility of Nemkov joining with the UFC if he wins the LHW Grand Prix that should be fun.

I think matching up 2 future title contenders(Cannonier and Till) with Bobby was a bad move. They expected Robert to lose those fights, he didn't and now Izzy will have had a rematch with 2 former opponents(Vettori and Rob). I think they should've matched 2 people who never fought Izzy for a number 1 contender spot.

Now Till probably has to get 2 wins for a TS, and Cannonier has to win 1 or 2 more for a TS.
This. They put both Izzy and Rob in weird spots with those match ups.

One of my biggest concerns with Middleweight is how almost every has already fought each other.

I think if Izzy just took more risks the middle weight division will be fine. He's playing it too boringly safe.

I think if Izzy just took more risks the middle weight division will be fine. He's playing it too boringly safe.
Maybe, but safety secures title defences. I guess it comes down to do you want a new champion every other event but those fights are bangers. Or a long reigning champ that makes you look better when arguing on the internet :>

Back