Media Israel Adesanya didn't get better at TDD. Marvin's takedowns just weren't as good

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Don't let Joe Rogan tell you this narrative. Jan had better takedowns and how he timed izzy to get the takedowns were better. Out in open space. Israel Adesanya's TDD is good for MW, but he didn't improve. He just faced a worse grappler.

Slick reversal by izzy though out of the submission.

Vettori wrestles like an overrated D1 american. Use a lot of explosion than get tired and take yourself out of the fight.

Last edited:
Totally agree, I didn't realize how bad his fence wrestling was
his overall wrestling sucks when he's tired. They're trying to repair his image. He got his ass kicked by Jan, but nothing really changed. His TDD was always good enough to ward off MWs, but it didn't improve. I think Rob is the only one that may have a shot at implementing the grappling game

Don't let Joe Rogan tell you this narrative. Jan had better takedowns and how he timed izzy to get the takedowns were better. Out in open space.

Slick reversal by izzy though out of the submission.

Vettori wrestles like an overrated D1 american. Use a lot of explosion than get tired and take yourself out of the fight.

You say sick reversal.

I say white belt shit by vettori. I cringed so hard. That RNC was free, he also had a free knee bar and heel hook.

Izzy has underrated TD defense.

Jan only had success in the later rounds and it was on a very well timed TD and he just used his size to lay on Izzy.

Izzy has shown time and time again that he can get up from TD's too. He could sit on the MW throne till age beats him

You say sick reversal.

I say white belt shit by vettori. I cringed so hard. That RNC was free, he also had a free knee bar and heel hook.
Eh, you're right. He had an opportunity to lock in a body triangle and he didn't do it. Going for a hailmary now that I looked at it. Ah well. I didn't expect him to win but it would have been sick if he pulled it off. I kinda expected Moreno to win, but not like that.

You're right, but you're also wrong.

Izzy's TDD at 185 has always been this good and Marvin's TDs are telegraphed.

Peli said:
his overall wrestling sucks when he's tired. They're trying to repair his image. He got his ass kicked by Jan, but nothing really changed. His TDD was always good enough to ward off MWs, but it didn't improve.

If his TDD is good enough to ward enough high level MWs, then it's really fucking good. Jan outweighed him by 25 lbs in the cage, and he's a long time BJJ black belt.

There's absolutely nothing embarrassing about Izzy going to decision against the champ in the higher weight class who's absolutely crushed all of his recent LHW opponents.

I think Rob is the only one that may have a shot at implementing the grappling game

He has a chance to open up the striking by going for TDs this time, but he's nowhere near big enough to hold Izzy down.

his overall wrestling sucks when he's tired. They're trying to repair his image. He got his ass kicked by Jan, but nothing really changed. His TDD was always good enough to ward off MWs, but it didn't improve. I think Rob is the only one that may have a shot at implementing the grappling game
Yeah I agree, without knowing I feel like Israel works on his BJJ more than his wrestling

If any part of his grappling was improved it was his BJJ

If his TDD is good enough to ward enough high level MWs, then it's really fucking good. Jan outweighed him by 25 lbs in the cage, and he's a long time BJJ black belt.

There's absolutely nothing embarrassing about him going to decision against the champ in the higher weight class, who's absolutely crushed all of his recent LHW opponents.

He has a chance to open up the striking by going for TDs this time, but he's nowhere near big enough to hold Izzy down.
But it's not improved. Its just something they say to sell the audience. That's my only issue with it.

But it's not improved. Its just something they say to sell the audience. That's my only issue with it.

This is a strange thing to start a thread to complain about.

Eh, you're right. He had an opportunity to lock in a body triangle and he didn't do it. Going for a hailmary now that I looked at it. Ah well. I didn't expect him to win but it would have been sick if he pulled it off. I kinda expected Moreno to win, but not like that.
I mean it was so free I can't even express it into words. Look at his leg positioning. It's like he wanted to transition to the mount from the wrong side while applying a sub. It's easier as a spectator but he'll be kicking himself in the ass when he watches this. He had 3 free opportunities to end the fight that 99% of the division would've capitalized on.

Back