Another underwhelming Izzy performance... ??

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Is he, dare I say,
BORING?

Idk man. I'm not trying to be that guy. No hate, he won fair and square but aside from the leg kicks he really didn't do much. He had plenty of opportunities to counter upstairs but didn't do much of it at all.

I can't tell if his boxing is mediocre, if he just coasted tonight, if he's a veiled point fighter or if he was actually scared of Vettori's power but I thought the performance was underwhelming.

U agree experts??

I think he's just kind of settled into something people thought he wouldn't be.

Folks thought we were getting some highlight reel knockout artist at first but Israel doesn't really take the necessary risks to do those. He'll only get the highlight reel KO's when guys come in sloppy at him (Whittaker, Costa, Brunson).

He's perfectly content outstriking guys on the outside for 5 rounds.

He just has bad TDD and no BJJ. Palhares would probably have finished him in 2-3 minutes.

GSP was boring too. Dominance is boring sometimes.

Plus Vettori is tough as nails and built like a fire hydrant. He is tough to look good against

I noticed he was employing the Jon Jones boxing defense strategy a lot this fight, I.E. stick out your arm with your massive reach advantage and present the threat of your fingers to your opponent. It works very well, and the quality of the boxing in MMA isn't really good enough to take advantage of it.

Pretty damn boring imo, but very dominant.

Vettori is a tough motherfucker, it's hard to look good against him
lol? he presented no threat to izzy and still izzy refused to do anything expect spam leg kicks and keep backpedaling

I liked it. Vettori gave him a good go last time around and Adesanya adjusted like a champ should and delivered. Was it fascinating, no. But it was good to see Adesanya come back from a loss and get a win against a game opponent in Vetorri.

He definitely likes to stay on the outside and leg kick a lot, but he won that way so it's tough to criticize

He doesn't really have good hands unless the person is running in

Is he, dare I say,
BORING?

Idk man. I'm not trying to be that guy. No hate, he won fair and square but aside from the leg kicks he really didn't do much. He had plenty of opportunities to counter upstairs but didn't do much of it at all.

I can't tell if his boxing is mediocre, if he just coasted tonight, if he's a veiled point fighter or if he was actually scared of Vettori's power but I thought the performance was underwhelming.

U agree experts??
He fought smart and easily won..... Vettori is tough as hell. People still discrediting this guy but guess what? Vettori is most likely going to beat whoever he faces next. He's better than people give him credit for and tonight he looked bad because Izzy has ALL the answers for Vettori. I imagine someone like Rob would too. Anyone else? I am not counting out Marvin at all.

I liked it. Vettori gave him a good go last time around and Adesanya adjusted like a champ should and delivered. Was it fascinating, no. But it was good to see Adesanya come back from a loss and get a win against a game opponent in Vetorri.
Yeah, it's impossible to defend the belt several times and get finishes every fight

what? Vettori was advancing throughout the fight.

He was advancing yeah but he landed damn near ZERO meaningful offense the entire fight. Forward pressure doesn't mean shit if the offense that comes with it isn't effective. Vettori had a double Jab, and THAT was it.

Back