Vettori underrated?

hswrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He did very well in this fight. Didn't win the fight by a long shot and absorbed many leg kicks but stalled Adesanya enough and avoided Adesanya's power shots to his body/head.

Definetely did better than Costa or Whittaker.

He clearly is not champ material, but may be #2 mw right now. Either that or Izzy just had a horrible performance. Really wasn't landing any power shots except for leg kicks and even these didn't really slow him.

While he isn't a master of any discipline, his strength and durability is such that Izzy couldn't really faze him.

Imo its pretty clear that
1. Izzy
2. Vettori
3. Whittaker
4. Brunson/Costa

Last edited:
He definitely controlled where the fight went and was more aggressive.
He actually landed punches too. Something Izzy didn't do too mcuh.
The kid is going places, but you def need to "beat the champ" to be the champ. You can't eek out a win if everyone thinks Izzy is magical because he has head movement.

He did very well in this fight. Didn't win the fight by a long shot and absorbed many leg kicks but stalled Adesanya enough and avoided Adesanya's power shots to his body/head.
Definetely did better than Costa or Whittaker.
I didn’t think anyone could beat Costa in that division other than Izzy and Rob but now I think Marvin can.

The kid is going places, but you def need to "beat the champ" to be the champ. You can't eek out a win if everyone thinks Izzy is magical because he has head movement.
Izzy 50-45'd him, it wasn't close

Issue is none of these punches actually had an effect, similar to Izzy's takedowns. Neither really hurt the other, except Izzy somewhat thorugh leg kicks

He’s an overachiever imo. He does nothing great but is a workhorse

He's extremely overrated, performed just like the exact same way as the first fight as I predicted. Despite what ufc employees will brainwash you to believe for their own personal agendas.
I honestly don't know if its izzy overrated or vettori underrated but Izzy really couldn't slow vettori even with the leg kicks. I'd put vettori below Izzy, but he did better than Whittaker, Gastelum and Costa

Overrated, more like. Vettori's wrestling is hot garbage and he doesn't have the gastank to wrestle for 3, let alone 5 rounds.

lol

This dude lost to Shoeface and went to draw with Omari. You meant overrated, right?

I agree with TS. Was really impressed with Marvin's defense. Dude didn't get hit clean with a single high kick and very few punches. Impressive defense while pressuring. Still lost due to leg kicks. Wished I'd seen him shoot a couple more doubles in the center of the octagon. I Guess he didn't want to catch low kciks for fear of quesionmark.

Vettori got dominated,izzy respected his takedowns that's why vettori left conscious

His style does give people trouble. Just not dynamic enough to finish the job.

What’re you smoking? Vettori didn’t control shit. The guy is supposed to be a wrestler and he couldn’t even hold top position on Izzy and his shitty ground game. Dude was getting reversed by a white belt.

Back