Rate Damien Maia's single leg TD's

Ruthless Ryan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Its crazy watching a guy fail soo many TD's and yet never have a plan B, I remember years ago he used his hands better and through high kicks and even jump and pull guard....now just weak single leg attempts which do nothing but empty his gas tank.....he was hardly close to completing any....Prob should have left the gloves in the ring, at his age he has nothing more to proove.

Well, he is 56 years old

Its crazy watching a guy fail soo many TD's and yet never have a plan B, I remember years ago he used his hands better and through high kicks and even jump and pull guard....now just weak single leg attempts which do nothing but empty his gas tank.....he was hardly close to completing any....Prob should have left the gloves in the ring, at his age he has nothing more to proove.
Lame lame and lame. In today's MMA you need to be able to take people down from top control the way Khabib and Islam do. Take some lessons from Sambo and Judo for fuckers sake! It's called Ouchi-Gari, Osoto-gari, O-goshi, Koshi-guruma for fuckers sake! If Sambo was easy it would be called BJJ!

Age isn't a factor, he's fought similar to this in the past. He's always used single legs and always fought at a slow pace. Not much difference if you compare his past fights, only difference is he couldn't get the takedown with his single leg. His fights look similar when he can't get his single leg takedown.

He doesn't pivot or drive on his singles, I don't even wrestle and saw that much

Lame lame and lame. In today's MMA you need to be able to take people down from top control the way Khabib and Islam do. Take some lessons from Sambo and Judo for fuckers sake! It's called Ouchi-Gari, Osoto-gari, O-goshi, Koshi-guruma for fuckers sake! If Sambo was easy it would be called BJJ!
Strikeforce_FabricioWerdum_FedorEmelianenko.jpg Strikeforce_FabricioWerdum_FedorEmelianenko.jpg

He tree topped Belal and still couldn’t finish. You have to give credit to Belal.

I rate it 1 takedown out of 10.

Rate the attempts today or for his career?

today bad as a 50 year old
Career wise high level actually, he chains his attacks well once he gets a leg.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread or my comment. But yeah he appears to be so.
just wanted to make a statement about Bilal since you brought him up. I like the guy but he won't go far in UFC for being predictable point fighter. that's all.

Back