Paul Craig has yet to receive his black belt (update : awarded his black belt by his coach)

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
“I enjoy being on my back and this opponent was kind of the same for us,” Craig said. “His striking was very, very wild. He was very good at wrestling and that resulted in him taking me down. I am a brown belt in jiu-jitsu, but belts don’t really matter in MMA.”

https://cagesidepress.com/2020/07/29/ufc-fight-island-3-paul-craig-interview/

And he's training out of some random MMA gym in Scotland.. the threat of his BJJ is crazy considering.

This brown belt would’ve subbed Shields for sure

I think Cerrone still has the best guard in mma, but Craig is legit and could surpass him in time.

“I enjoy being on my back and this opponent was kind of the same for us,” Craig said. “His striking was very, very wild. He was very good at wrestling and that resulted in him taking me down. I am a brown belt in jiu-jitsu, but belts don’t really matter in MMA.”

https://cagesidepress.com/2020/07/29/ufc-fight-island-3-paul-craig-interview/

And he's training out of some random MMA gym in Scotland.. the threat of his BJJ is crazy considering.
Random Mma gym eh?

I know you haven’t watched much of Cerrone’s career considering you’re 2016 join date, but go read his fight finder page and count the submission wins from guard.

2016 was my 3rd or 4th banned account lol I watched him back in wec as well. I agree amazing guard but not anymore. Can't say he still has the best guard. Just simply not true imo.

top guards historically: werdum, paul sass

top guards today: I don't know... ryan hall?

As it should be.
Black belts in some gyms seem to be given out as candies. Every second guy in the UFC seems to be a black belt and can't offer shit on the ground.
With that being said, you can get the belt via rolling in GI so GI vs no GI makes a huge difference. With that being said 2, some guys can't do shit to save their lives. Just go to full guard and pray.

I know you haven’t watched much of Cerrone’s career considering you’re 2016 join date, but go read his fight finder page and count the submission wins from guard.
Because you're not a real fan if you haven't been on SD most of your life, right?

<TrumpWrong1>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back