What happened to Amanda Nunes?

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I remember watching her fights a long time ago and she was ok. Mid tier and pretty solid. Now she's ridiculous and has been for a few years.

What fight was the turning point and what did she change in her training? It always fascinates me when fighters just completely change and become elite seemingly over night.

I remember watching her fights a long time ago and she was ok. Mid tier and pretty solid. Now she's ridiculous and has been for a few years.

What fight was the turning point and what did she change in her training? It always fascinates me when fighters just completely change and become elite seemingly over night.
Wtf ya on about?

KK cool, Thanks for the answers. I could have googled it but I figured you guys knew straightup and it might start a discussion lol. Good shit.

Some people learn from their losses and get better with training and experience.

Crazy stuff right?

I remember when Michael Jordan and the Bulls were just above average in the 80's.... Then came the 90's. ;)

Got better coaches at ATT

Time really. She's been fighting for a while. Most women don't even have a skill set to back them. Girls who wrestled in high school make it to the UFC. Amanda didn't really come out of no where though. She was expected to face Cyborg in the Strikeforce days. I think it's more that most women didn't train MMA because you can't make a living since there wasn't a division. It's early but it still will be shit years from now, just a little better. Watch WNBA. They brick wide open three's and layups and it's the same for WMMA. Rousey hit it from the ground. Actually had a skillset and athleticism against girls who trained but not talented.

The McMann fight was when she turned a corner.

She had nose surgery finally.
So she could fulfill her training and fighting potential.
She couldn't breathe normally before.

I think she just learned how to pace herself properly and not chase the knockout. She was dominating Zingano till she gassed and got finished, after that loss she’s fought smart ever since and picked her shots better.

She realized that she can look like Andre the Giant and use that to intimidate her opponents, thereby mentally beating them before the fight even starts.

Screenshot-20210302-015504-2.png

Gas tank was shit early on. Alexis Davis beat her by enduring a Homer Simpsonesque beating for five minutes and then Amanda shut down in front of her. Better cardio and learning to pace herself did her wonderful

Back