What happens if UFC fighters breach their contract?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For example: GSP decides to fight known crossdresser Oscar De La Hoya, despite UFC not allowing it.

Will GSp get a hefty fine? Hardly think they d get into some serious legal trouble, but might have to correspond a certain amount of money to the company. Any idea of how this is sorted out?

I mean if the fine is not that big, I m pretty sure huge stars like gsp or Conor would take the risk, fight, make a shitload of money and then go ti court with the ufc and end up paying what They gotta pay or Just get cut, which They wouldn t really care about

Keeping with your example, let's say that GSP decides to go for the DLH fight anyway. As soon as word gets out, UFC files an injunction to stop the fight happening and any promotion of it. Then the parties battle it out in court which can take years.

GSP would have to prove either his contract or the specific clause in question is either illegal or unenforceable to "win" the case, stop the injunction, and actually box.

Are you serious? Lol

Even if it wasn’t stopped, White could probably sue him, De la Hoya, Golden Boy, St Pierre’s dog, the dogs veterinarian, etc etc.

UFC would first sue the promotion that tried to use "their" fighter under contract, to prevent the event from being held at all.

For example: GSP decides to fight known crossdresser Oscar De La Hoya, despite UFC not allowing it.

Will GSp get a hefty fine? Hardly think they d get into some serious legal trouble, but might have to correspond a certain amount of money to the company. Any idea of how this is sorted out?

I mean if the fine is not that big, I m pretty sure huge stars like gsp or Conor would take the risk, fight, make a shitload of money and then go ti court with the ufc and end up paying what They gotta pay or Just get cut, which They wouldn t really care about

they dont fight simple.

ufc would sue an it get held up in court.

they could be going to court beforet he event could ever happen.

the ufc made itclear they want gsp to still fight but gsp doesnt.

TS, N00b. Wandy tried doing something like this way back when he got lifetime banned. Basicly No Org will even touch you if you are still under contract with UFC.

Injunction to prevent the event. If the event happened, it would result in a lawsuit for breach of contract, which in turn would result in exorbitant monetary damages and legal fees. I fighter would be insane to breach their contract like TS suggests.

What if GSP and De La Hoya decided to fight on the street for $100, winner take all

Does Dana bother to sue after the fact?

tumblr_mtug6xpEdb1si9idzo1_400.gifv

The UFC has good lawyers. Probably more than a fine the purse would probably be forfeited to the UFC. THey wouldn't allow a fine because it could be less than a payday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back