Sagely Advice from a former Trashman... GSP

Dan Torrance

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

time stamped for convenience.

"If you don't want to get hit the best way not to get hit is to move. If you're a moving target it's very hard to hit you. If you don't engage, it's very hard to find a guy who does not engage. So, what you do is you move and you only engage on your terms. [...] So you move and when [you] engage [you] engage 100%." --GSP, 2021

This is the secret sauce of secret sauces right here people.

Thank you GSP and it's statements like this that you're my favorite fighter and it's for purely selfish reasons too. It's like finally, in life, for once I feel understood and by extension appreciated.

No, I am not Lex Luthor.
LexLuthor1.png

Great words of wisdom from our one true MMA GOAT.

GSP bless us all, even his miserable haters.
tumblr_olyqq7Xuok1rofocqo1_500.gif

Hendricks beat him into retirement.

He's so strategic. Which was the foundation of his success. He'd be a great coach..

I agree. I guess it's the years and years of being with one of the most cerebral coaches in MMA Firas Zahabi.. who's also bad at names. He did a breakdown of Ronda/Holly and he kept saying Holly Holmes, lol.

I agree. I guess it's the years and years of being with one of the most cerebral coaches in MMA Firas Zahabi.. who's also bad at names. He did a breakdown of Ronda/Holly and he kept saying Holly Holmes, lol.
I can't tell you neither here nor there if Firas is the most cereberal. What I've heard is he allowed GSP to train in a lot of different locales to round out his game. Which means he ceded power to others who had more knowledge in other areas, and possibly at the expense of his slice of the pie. That behavior is commendable.

“Impose ‘is riddum emmEEdiately...”

Back