Yaroslav Amosov vs Usman/Covington/Burns/Chiesa

FIGHTING TALK

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Amosov’s takedowns last night were ridiculous.
Is Lima just really bad at defending takedowns, and anti-grappling?
Or would you rate Amosov as equal or even better than Usman, Covington, Burns and Chiesa?

Usman is probably that bit more well versed in his wrestling and more clinical throughout his setups and finishes, but they are quite similar in the takedowns they use.
Covington has an edge in tenacity and chain wrestling.
Amosov seems to have better wresting than both Burns or Chiesa, but that could come down to his opponents level, but is nowhere near as skilled on the ground with his grappling and submissions.

How do you rate Amosov in comparison to the top UFC grapplers?

Amosov must be decent at takedowns, Lima did good against Rorys takedowns.

But then again Lima looked like he didnt want to be there at all.

Half hearted performance from him.

Amosov probably loses to the top 5 UFC guys quite easily.

I'd love to see him against the top 5 UFC guys...

Lima's TDD is just bad. It has always been.

lol at morons who thought he would do well against Usman just because he beat up washed up Rory.
Many people think Khamzat has a chance after beating 3 cans. This dude just dominated Lima, it's at least somewhat interesting thought. I personally think he is like Colby. A great wrestler with average boxing. No problem for Usman at this time.

I reckon he would be top 5 in the UFC.
I see him beating Chiesa, Masvidal, Burns, Magny, Maia, Neal etc. But I do see him struggling with Colby and Usman. Luque, Edwards, and Thompson are toss-ups imo.

Or would you rate Amosov as equal or even better than Usman, Covington, Burns and Chiesa?

Usman is probably that bit more well versed in his wrestling and more clinical throughout his setups and finishes, but they are quite similar in the takedowns they use.
Amosov seems to have better wresting than both Burns or Chiesa, but that could come down to his opponents level, but is nowhere near as skilled on the ground with his grappling and submissions.

Ridiculous? They were impressive because he stuck with them, but It wasn't that ridiculous, but his tenacity was. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs on bullshit. I'm more impressed with his pace. I didn't think he could keep the pace for 5 rounds and grapple like that. I thought he was going to have to dig deep. He didn't.

Who knows but Amosov is legit as fuck.

Amosov vs Covington could go either way. I think Usman beats them all including Amosov.

Usman would destroy him. Didn't that bum Askren dominate Lima?

Lima just had bad takedown defense. Amosov's last fight he fought a wrestler and struggled A LOT to a split decision. That kind a ended me really needing to see him in the UFC. Old man Askren probably could have done something similar to what he did to Lima in the first fight if he doesn't get KO'd first.

Back