Islam vs. Gregor?

terribill

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I hope not. Would eliminate a future, fresh title contendor. Id favor Islam, but i like Gregor so much so i personally dont want to see it...

But it does make sense. Huge implications and 2 guys who are on a similar trajectory.

If they meet in the future i hope its only a title match. That is all sherbruhs.

All Islam vs threads belong in the war room. This is not a politic sub forum

Last edited:
I hope not. Would eliminate a future, fresh title contendor. Id favor Islam, but i like Gregor so much so i personally dont want to see it...

But it does make sense. Huge implications and 2 guys who are on a similar trajectory.

If they meet in the future i hope its only a title match. That is all sherbruhs.
Islam is 2-3 fights away from Title shot and I am afraid Gregor might be on his way to it, he may be politely fed to Islam as no one in top 2-3 has cojones (concealed as Pride) to fight Islam.

Islam is much bigger and would probably submit Gregor. Gregor' striking isn't very good either, I don't see him winning that

CDF would be a great test for Islam
I know he came in overweight for the Gregor fight. Don't know if that had anything to do with his 1 round cardio. But if he can get his shit sorted out, I agree with you.

Yeah, I think Islam wins pretty comfortably. However, I think both of them should fight one of those losing top 5-10 fighters next.

I think Islam is too big of a guy for Gregor. I really like Gregor, but wrestling much bigger guys that also have really good wrestling, like Islam, will be too draining for Gregor. And on the feet Islam is much better than Gregor.
I think that Gregor would be better of going down a weight class, but he doesn’t seem to want to do that/agree with that.

Gregor is not interested in climbing up the rankings, prefers fishing and getting paychecks. I think it's pointless to imagine all those good matchups. It's a shame since he and Islam would be a great fight

I'd have said that this would make sense a few years ago, but at this point, I feel Islam needs a top 6 for his next fight.

Gregor is not interested in climbing up the rankings, prefers fishing and getting paychecks. I think it's pointless to imagine all those good matchups. It's a shame since he and Islam would be a great fight
Yeah I love Gregor -- he really hasn't shown any interest that I'm aware of in getting the title though. There is nothing wrong with that, but damn I'd love to see the guy climb up the ladder eventually.

Cdf literally had control of that fight for 20 seconds at the end of roumd one after a takedown reversal. He was in no way beating Gregor up.

Can tell when someone doesnt watch fights but comments like they do.
Expect I watched the entire fight and I saw what I saw. Gregor didn't look good in round 1. Maybe you need to rewatch it.

Expect I watched the entire fight and I saw what I saw. Gregor didn't look good in round 1. Maybe you need to rewatch it.

Gregor struggled to get the takedown that was obvious but, outside that last exchange, the fight was very even. He was never hurt, never in danger of getting finished and Cdf never even landed a clean shot.

Islam is much bigger than Gregor which would make the grappling exchanges very difficult for Gregor. That combined with his low level striking abilities, I don't like the matchup for Gregor. Plus Islam is already booked for July.

Gregor struggled to get the takedown that was obvious but, outside that last exchange, the fight was very even. He was never hurt, never in danger of getting finished and Cdf never even landed a clean shot.
I saw it differently. Gregor didn't have but maybe a few good shots. The rest of the round seemed like it was all CDF in the driver's seat.

the entire religion?

Back