Derrick Lewis hype

wrestlefan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Are we forgetting this guy was stopped by the ghost of JDS, a 45 year old Hunt and there was an out roar when DC fought him because it was considered a squash match?

And this guy is Ngannou's main comp?

HW is so shallow.

Get it girl. Doesnt matter that he beat Ngannou already.

Edit: fuck, pinero beat me

HW is so shallow.

Yes, TS. When the #1 contender doesn't seem like a killer, but beats everyone else to get there, it's usually because the division is so shallow.

Amazingly, it's his 2nd time as #1 contender in 3 years. Both deserved, and both times few actually thought he had much of a chance.

In fact, it's quite possible he's an UNDERrated #1 contender. Everyone - and I mean everyone here on sherdog - is very conscientious of his ceiling.

In fact, where exactly is this "hype" you speak of?

Last edited:
The HW division is prone to a roller coaster record with bats for hands.

I'm praying with all my heart that he KO's Ngannou and becomes my new favorite champion in the UFC.

Which of course means, Ngannou probably wins.
<Waaah>

....come to think about it, I may be able to hedge this bet by putting $100 bucks on Ngannou.
<BC1>

Yall play checkers,....

His a confident and durable counterstriker with great KO power and timing. You would be insane to put a huge bet on the champ in this fight. Lewis doesnt care so the champ will have to come to him or win a boring decission. Lewis still gets paid. His a pricefighter.

Are we forgetting this guy was stopped by the ghost of JDS, a 45 year old Hunt and there was an out roar when DC fought him because it was considered a squash match?

HW is so shallow.
Stylistically it's interesting. Both have huge power. Lewis tends to have horrible takedown defense and before fighting DC stated that he wasn't ready for a shot because he was too out of shape. The Ngnannou vs Lewis first fight was a snooze fest because Ngnannou actually respected Lewis's power. Ngnannou doesn't have the most technical striking or even the greatest defense. He tends to get hit just has a good chin. Look at the 2nd Stipe fight. Stipe hurt him and made him cross eyed before getting too excited and finished. If Lewis lands that shot that Stipe did Ngannout might be face first. That's why the fight is interesting.

HW is so shallow.

Styles make fights

Derrick has Ngannou’s number.

Fasten you’re seat belts, the rematch promises to be even more exciting than their thrilling first fight!

Back