If there was an eccentric fighter that you could make more stable

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There are plenty of characters in the UFC, Tony Ferguson, Diego Sanchez, Mike Perry, among others. If you could take one of these fighters and made them more orthodox so they could be a better fighter who would it be?

I think Tony's eccentricity is what led to a lot of his early success so I'd keep him as is but I wish Diego acted a little less strange to become the best version of himself.

Mentally stable Conor would have defended the 145 title until he broke Silva’s record and retired. Instead he did coke and went to 170 and got choked out by Diaz then to boxing where he had zero business being and gassed out.

There are plenty of characters in the UFC, Tony Ferguson, Diego Sanchez, Mike Perry, among others. If you could take one of these fighters and made them more orthodox so they could be a better fighter who would it be?

I think Tony's eccentricity is what led to a lot of his early success so I'd keep him as is but I wish Diego acted a little less strange to become the best version of himself.
Only Tony Ferguson is eccentric out of that bunch. But yes he did rely too much on his unique style and moves that he didn't work on his foundations and textbook moves as well. Din Thomas was correct on his assessment of Tony's style. Tony just needs to adjust his style to his current physicality and rebuild his fighting style, strategy, tactics, and techniques. Working on a high guard would benefit Tony in his future fights.

Mayhem Miller
I'm not sure why, but I feel that Mayhem brought up in a different environment might have been an upstanding citizen. I think that he might be ok with the help of a little risperidone.

Wonderboy 100%.

I'm not sure why, but I feel that Mayhem brought up in a different environment might have been an upstanding citizen. I think that he might be ok with the help of a little risperidone.

He seemed to be doing alright before he got cut from the UFC. That broke him.

Mike Perry if you mean mentally unstable fighters. Dominick Cruz if you mean fighters with eccentric styles

Diego seems like a legit well meaning, good dude. He's just an idiot who gets suckered by charlatans. I don't get that vibe from a lot of these other dudes. Chris Leben got mentioned but he actually seems to be doing well these days.

Back