Charles Olive-era

Argonaut

⟁⟁⟁⟁⟁
@Green
Reaction score
Charles Oliveira is on an impressive streak over the past 3 years with a 88% finish rate over his last 9 fights.

Fighters peak at different stages of their career like Anderson Silva and Tony Ferguson peaking in there early to mid 30s.

It is very possible that the best is yet to come from Oliveira and we may see further evolution.

My question is what wins and what resume will he need to amass as champion to surpass Khabib as the best LW ever?

My list: Dustin Poirier, Justin Gaethje, Islam Makhachev, Beneil Dariush
Edit: Win rematch with Max Holloway

Last edited:
I know Khabib is retired, but if Oli beat those four guys, I think he'd come out of retirement to go for 30-0 and cement his legacy.

With the losses he has accumulated, he needs to be incredibly dominant and defend 5+ times. Poirier, Gaethje, Dariush, Islam, and possibly a rematch vs one of those guys or Chandler if he works back up to it. If Felder somehow got into the mix, avenging that loss would help a lot too.

Oliveira is not far off of kbabib already.

Wins and losses against top competition for years is much more impressive than wins and no losses against nobodies.

Comparing the top 5 wins they've got, oliviera might already be ahead.

In order for Charles to surpass Khabib he will need to mount up a good amount of title defenses to compensate for some losses. I am thinking about 4-5 and beat the names on the list there, Poirier, Gatehje, Conor, and perhaps two more. When reaches that he's got a pretty impressive record at LW in the UFC at 17-3 with 5 title defenses.

Yes Khabib has no chance against Oliveror that’s why he is 29-0

With the losses he has accumulated, he needs to be incredibly dominant and defend 5+ times. Poirier, Gaethje, Dariush, Islam, and possibly a rematch vs one of those guys or Chandler if he works back up to it. If Felder somehow got into the mix, avenging that loss would help a lot too.

This. I like to see how he does with the guys you listed too.

It's actually not that bad, he's only got three losses at LW, Felder, Cerrone and Miller. Most are at FW

DYYPMMR.jpg

Oliveira wouldve finished the choke Poirier had on Khabib.
He has what it takes to become the lw kingpin.
He's also competing in the most stacked ufc divsion ever.
Very tough task but his road to the title was as well.

<LikeReally5>

He won a vacant title 10 minutes ago when guys ranked above both he and Chandler weren't available, let's slow down on the GOAT talk. Everyone likes Oliveira, but he does have 8 losses and was in big trouble against Chandler, so let's not pretend he's just steamrolling all these world beaters. Your list would put him in the conversation at least, but that seems pretty unlikely and would mean getting the new best win of his career like 5 times in a row.

<LikeReally5>

He won a vacant title 10 minutes ago when guys ranked above both he and Chandler weren't available, let's slow down on the GOAT talk. Everyone likes Oliveira, but he does have 8 losses and was in big trouble against Chandler, so let's not pretend he's just steamrolling all these world beaters. Your list would put him in the conversation at least, but that seems pretty unlikely and would mean getting the new best win of his career like 5 times in a row.
This thread is purely hypothetical. There is no denying however that Oliveira has 1 thing the rest of the top 5 don't have and it's momentum. A long champion win streak - Like Anderson in his prime (joining the UFC at age 31!) - is not out of the realm of possibility. The most title defenses at LW is 3 I believe.

Charles Oliveira is on an impressive streak over the past 3 years with a 88% finish rate over his last 9 fights.

Fighters peak at different stages of their career like Anderson Silva and Tony Ferguson peaking in there early to mid 30s.

It is very possible that the best is yet to come from Oliveira and we may see further evolution.

My question is what wins and what resume will he need to amass as champion to surpass Khabib as the best LW ever?

My list: Dustin Poirier, Justin Gaethje, Islam Makhachev, Beneil Dariush
Edit: Win rematch with Max Holloway

nice try. we get it. just say the olivera era. clown

Oliveira is not far off of kbabib already.

Wins and losses against top competition for years is much more impressive than wins and no losses against nobodies.

Comparing the top 5 wins they've got, oliviera might already be ahead.

Charlie ahead? By beating old Tony coming off the JG beating and Chandler? The guys on the rest of his streak in the last few years are old or scrubs e.g. Miller, Lentz and Guida are waaay past their prime and on the edge of retirement, Lentz already retired due to injuries..

You can't compare Charlie's run with Khabib, he's not gonna hold this belt long. If Poiriers next he's taking that belt home.

This thread is purely hypothetical. There is no denying however that Oliveira has 1 thing the rest of the top 5 don't have and it's momentum. A long champion win streak - Like Anderson in his prime (joining the UFC at age 31!) - is not out of the realm of possibility. The most title defenses at LW is 3 I believe.

No chance it happens, he's going to be fighting the top of the heap now.

Most of the guys on Charlie's win streak had lost more than they won in their last few fights before facing Charlie.

Back