This is the guy people say Khabib is scared of?

mmadeewana

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

got handled with ease on ground by Edgar,Felder. Edgar was slamming him on his ass. That being said he deserves the belt and he is the champion at LW but the narrative 'Khabib retired due to Olivera' is stupid.

He spent 11 years in the UFC and has obviously grown a lot

Bringing up old fights like that is the same as when dorks bring up Khabib's fight with Tibau
he couldnt even submit Chandler,Khabib has an Iron chin and would take him down avoid submissions and dominate him there

Oliviera wasn't even in the mix when Khabib retired BUT i would love to see this fight.

got handled with ease on ground by Edgar,Felder. Edgar was slamming him on his ass. That being said he deserves the belt and he is the champion at LW but the narrative 'Khabib retired due to Olivera' is stupid.

Yeah styles make fights. I did not see Chris Weidman beating AS. Reminds me of IA vs Jan in the match up. Like Chris and Jan match with up with AS and IA...do we have one for Khabib that we can compare with his style of fighting where someone matched well against him or beat his kind of style?

I would say we are in the phase of the next level up in MMA with Dagestan Sambo. Just like the early days in UFC history, when wrestlers dominated, we didn't have TDD against them until Liddel, whom Randy said could do it because of his wrestling expertise. However, the wave of strikers handling wrestlers for the first time grew after Liddell. If this is the case, once people learn their style of fighting, then they will be able to counter a Khabib style or Sambo from Dagestan style in fighting. Look at all the success they are having in the UFC. It will be a time period but eventually that style will be figured out and the dominance in their style will go down.

But right now it reminds me how BJJ was and wrestling was but eventually turned to neutral ground.

Last edited:
Not watching. These clickbait yt vids suck. Why tf is there a red circle and arrow around his ear? So dumb

Imagine max having a chance to beat Conor did you not see their first fight lolol

I don't think anyone has said that aside from you creating this thread.

So you put up a video of Charles Olivera losing earlier in his career and it include multiple champions of various divisions, multiple title contenders in various divisions.
He fought all these guys in their absolute prime streaks and his worse loss is a TKO to Paul Felder who is still a top guy at 155. He has gone 9-0 since then.

Khabib didn't fight half of the level of his competition until he got the belt. If he had fought the same caliber of guys on the way to his title he might also have had a loss here and there.

Khabib will unfortunately get surpassed because his resume is not great besides his 3 title defences. he has a win against RDA also before his lightweight run and that is it.

Edgar landed takedowns but disengaged very quickly and was clearly in danger while down on the mat, hence why he disengaged.

Also, are we acting like prime frankie edgar isn't one of the best fighters and overall grapplers we've seen in MMA? Dude was a div I wrestler and a Gracie black belt, meanwhile oliveira was like 24, in the wrong weight class and not near his peak yet.

I would love to see that fight. Would pick Kabib but would not be too surprised if Olivera made it a competitive fight or even pulled out a win somehow. He is on a really impressive streak right now.

I don't think anyone's said it that truly believes it tbh.

There's nothing in Charles' game that Khabib hasn't faced but better. I'm not trying to shade Oliver but he isn't even the best active guy in the division imo

Back