Can Rodolfo make a comeback? Fighting in a couple months.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Rodolfo is fighting Stoltzfus in a couple months, who has never been subbed in his career, but purple belt just like Hernandez was, and his record stands at 13-2.

It's kinda funny because if Hernandez didn't get finished so fast against Holland, the fight may not have been considered an upset of such magnitude, aside from the fact that Rodolfo got tapped. Hernandez was also a pretty good prospect before he ran into Holland, though in MMA, one loss you are a can and has never been good.

I'm not sure if Rodolfo's one round cardio was really just a case of adrenaline dump, or he really has shit cardio. If he really does have shit cardio, I don't think he can fix it in such a short amount of time, and this guy looks like he's a lot hittable than Maia too, and doesn't react well to it. Maia is as tough as they come, to be honest.

I thought Rodolfo might be next Maia, if I'm honest. It looked like he was taking MMA seriously, with a good camp, and obviously a great world class BJJ. But I'm not sure if Rodolfo has that cardio or that striking defense that Maia has, as wierd as it may sound. Outside Nate, if you think about it, it's really really really hard to put Maia away, and that prob was more of a flash knock down to be honest.

Nowadays, it feels like it's impossible to tell how good someone is in MMA grappling just based on belt color or credentials too. I'd think Rodolfo is still good and still can make a come back, but to be honest, I'm not too entirely confident.

So Sherbros, can Rodolfo make a comeback like Maia did after getting ktfo by Nate and go on a run or is he losing two in a row and possibly done?

I think so, I think his issue on the feet is more to do with the amount of energy output he uses rather than actually having bad cardio. If he can work on being less tense in there then his gas tank will last a lot longer.

Rodolfo is fighting Stoltzfus in a couple months, who has never been subbed in his career, but purple belt just like Hernandez was, and his record stands at 13-2.

It's kinda funny because if Hernandez didn't get finished so fast against Holland, the fight may not have been considered an upset of such magnitude, aside from the fact that Rodolfo got tapped. Hernandez was also a pretty good prospect before he ran into Holland, though in MMA, one loss you are a can and has never been good.

I'm not sure if Rodolfo's one round cardio was really just a case of adrenaline dump, or he really has shit cardio. If he really does have shit cardio, I don't think he can fix it in such a short amount of time, and this guy looks like he's a lot hittable than Maia too, and doesn't react well to it. Maia is as tough as they come, to be honest.

I thought Rodolfo might be next Maia, if I'm honest. It looked like he was taking MMA seriously, with a good camp, and obviously a great world class BJJ. But I'm not sure if Rodolfo has that cardio or that striking defense that Maia has, as wierd as it may sound. Outside Nate, if you think about it, it's really really really hard to put Maia away, and that prob was more of a flash knock down to be honest.

Nowadays, it feels like it's impossible to tell how good someone is in MMA grappling just based on belt color or credentials too. I'd think Rodolfo is still good and still can make a come back, but to be honest, I'm not too entirely confident.

So Sherbros, can Rodolfo make a comeback like Maia did after getting ktfo by Nate and go on a run or is he losing two in a row and possibly done?

Rodolfo stand up is pretty bad to begin with. He got subbed while looking concussed from punches. Hernandez wouldn't sub him In straight grappling.

He started mma to old .

Rodolfo is way too jacked for mma. He needs to lean out and probably drop down a weight class. Being jacked like that is good for bjj and if u don’t have Usada to deal with.

Inwas on the Veira hype myself, he had holes in his game but looked to have the right mindset and physical tools to improve. But hes old and its not that he lost his last one, but HOW he lost. He needs to shred muscle, much like Natty Gawd.
I thought Rodolofo could be the Izzy Kryptonite but he would get peaced up honestly.

He needs to change his mentality drastically to succeed, he strikes me as one of the most scared guys ever in MMA.

Rodolfo being tapped was way more shocking to me than the Jacare arm break. If he can't work on cardio to last at LEAST 15 minutes, he has no shot to even stay in the UFC past this year.

I think so, I think his issue on the feet is more to do with the amount of energy output he uses rather than actually having bad cardio. If he can work on being less tense in there then his gas tank will last a lot longer.
Like a lot of fighters, if they're not used to being on their feet/or grappling, they gas easy.

I’m not sure I buy this “he’s too jacked” thing. Look at guys like Usman and Costa, they aren’t notorious gassers. Look at the guys in Crossfit. Vieira either had an adrenaline dump, or spent too much energy on early explosion, or simply didn’t work enough on mma-specific cardio (which is different from pure bjj). Cardio is not some fixed quality, it can be trained and improved. Maybe he can shed a few lbs, but he doesn’t need to change his whole physique.

If I remember correctly he was dominant in the first round of his last fight and then gassed like a mofo. If he can learn from his loss and adjust he can still sub these lower tier guys. He could also get ktfo, I don’t remember what his standup looked like. And of course USADA is an X factor in all of this.

Back