How about Cowboy vs Guida next?

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both are back at lightweight it seems. Both are longtime fan favorites amd have been with the company forever. Both guys have to be near the end and it doesnt make sense for them to fight nobodies right now imo. If one of them has to go, they should at least be shown the door by a peer in a comparable career situation.

Guida isn't likely to KO Cowboy, and it would be interesting to see if he could take the shot Cerrone down, or what would happen on the ground if he could.

What says Sherdog?

Both are back at lightweight it seems. Both are longtime fan favorites amd have been with the company forever. Both guys have to be near the end and it doesnt make sense for them to fight nobodies right now imo. If one of them has to go, they should at least be shown the door by a peer in a comparable career situation.

Guida isn't likely to KO Cowboy, and it would be interesting to see if he could take the shot Cerrone down, or what would happen on the ground if he could.

What says Sherdog?
I can get down with this match up -- Guida has actually looked pretty good these last couple years and it would be 2 fun personalities to pair up with, without really having too much at stake in the division.

I know that they were longtime training partners when they were at Jackson-Wink. I don't think there was ever any animosity between the two.

I have no idea what the matchmakers think of the pairing, but I would have to think that both guys would be receptive to it. That being said, on paper, this would look to be a difficult matchup for Guida.

Yes.... Even better if somehow it could be made as a 5 rounder.

Easy to build up this fight as both have GREAT wins when you look back at their careers... Also a TON of common opponents.

They trained together for a long time years ago, but I don't think that would stop them from agreeing to a crowd pleasing matchup at this point in their careers...

If Cowboy is determined to go on, than this is a bit lower risk as far as damage goes... Who wins? Guida has pulled so many rabbits out of his hat over the years that even if Cowboy were to be favored, nothing would surprise me.

Guida will get himself another KO victory. The carpenter can keep himself going with beating up these olde timers.

Cerrone is becoming the Bob Sapp of the UFC.

Bring back BJ Penn just one more time Dana...

I like it!

It's a fair fight. Loser should retire. I'd say Cowboy should retire either way tbh.

What says Sherdog?

Do you get excited watching two seniors fight?

How about Cowboy vs Tony? Surprised not more conversations about this being the fight to make. They fought before, Tony Deffenetly got the better of him but it was a doctor stoppage so it can be a justified rematch. Also kinda would show where Tony is at!

How about Cowboy vs Tony? Surprised not more conversations about this being the fight to make. They fought before, Tony Deffenetly got the better of him but it was a doctor stoppage so it can be a justified rematch. Also kinda would show where Tony is at!
They just fought recently, dumbass. We saw the outcome. Nothing would change if they run it back this soon.

Tony has only lost against top calibur opponents and he survived to a decision in his last 2 fights.

Cowboy got starched by Alex Morono in the first round. I dont think Tony has declined to the level of Cowboy just yet.

Guida vs Cowboy sounds pretty good

What says Sherdog?
While we're at it how about Tony rematches Michael Johnson? granted I don't think Michael deserves a top 6 ranked lw but it's somebody I feel Tony can beat.

Back