Media Oliveira's chin

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A lot has been talked about his head movement so I'm not interested in talking about that. Can we talk about his chin ? The two times he got it, he got hit with an off balance jab with Chandler overextending and left hook. Again feet not planted iirc.

Both times didn't look that powerful but he acted like it was ngannou. Does Chandler really have that kind of power? Or is Oliveira's chin highly questionable.

What's going to happen if Conor or Dustin hits him clean with a power shot?

Edit: here's the video

Chandler is lunging at oliveira to reach him.

Last edited:
It's probably both. I lean more on Chandler having that kind of power as shown especially in the Dan Hooker fight where the first body punch was enough to make Dan look like a deer in headlights.
The Dan hooker shot is different though. He was firmly planted. Iirc in the Charles fight Charles did a good job managing range and backing up and chandler was just winging stuff not planted , caught Charles with a left jab iirc.

Chin looks strong.

charles-oliveira-051621-getty-ftr_spti118az3ss1buic74uaava5.jpg

I’d say he hits harder than both Conor and Dustin cuz he puts way more effort in his punches.

Oliveiras chin isn’t very impressive though
I agree he fully extends but the time he got Charles it wasn't a lot of power in those shots. Made it look like Chandler has ngannou like power for a light weight.

Not the best chin and not the best defense. The back hand stays up so that's better than what most show, but his reaction to incoming power shots isn't good. He just takes them with the head upright. Chandler has big power. That's not "PR machine" stuff. He's always had legit power in both hands.

Imo Charles was suprised by the punching power.
Chandler looks like he has enough fast twitch muscle fiber to rock a lot of fools with glancing shots so I don't blame Oliviera.
He recovered and exploited Chandlers open haymakers with a short lead hook. Beautiful and that comeback and adjustment was def champ material.

Imo Charles was suprised by the punching power.
Chandler looks like he has enough fast twitch muscle fiber to rock a lot of fools with glancing shots so I don't blame Oliviera.
He recovered and exploited Chandlers open haymakers with a short lead hook. Beautiful and that comeback and adjustment was def champ material.
Yeah to get messed up like that in the first round, hurt bad, BJJ not working, hurt again, then come out to the second round fresh as fuck and ending Chandler with one of the cleanest left hooks i think i've ever seen... Damn. It's going to be hard to get that belt off him. It's going to be hard to keep that belt too.

LW is on fire. Only shitty matchmaking can ruin things now

A lot has been talked about his head movement so I'm not interested in talking about that. Can we talk about his chin ? The two times he got it, he got hit with an off balance jab with Chandler overextending and left hook. Again feet not planted iirc.

Both times didn't look that powerful but he acted like it was ngannou. Does Chandler really have that kind of power? Or is Oliveira's chin highly questionable.

What's going to happen if Conor or Dustin hits him clean with a power shot?

To be fair he destroyed hooker who Dustin couldn't finish. Hooker maybe not be a title contender but he is durable and has survived a number of fights where not many ppl in the UFC would have been able to continue.

Yeah to get messed up like that in the first round, hurt bad, BJJ not working, hurt again, then come out to the second round fresh as fuck and ending Chandler with one of the cleanest left hooks i think i've ever seen... Damn. It's going to be hard to get that belt off him. It's going to be hard to keep that belt too.

I really don't think it's going to be that hard to get the belt off him...I could see his first defense losing it for him. Conor or Dustin are tough fights for him. No hate he just didn't look unbeatable with his win (obviously because he lost 8-10 in the first round.)

I think Charles is a bit like GSP. He sure doesn't like being punched in the face and may wilt under pressure quickly. But very few people could put real pressure on GSP post-Serra rematch. And he withstood some serious punishment from Hendricks and Bisping. Let's see how Oliveira fares. It's clear that he is an offensive-minded fighter.

I would say the way he fights does mean he's open to flash knockdowns, very upright and aggressive. I mean he was clearly hurt in the first but I wouldnt say he really got the crap beaten out of him to the degree coming back was freakish.

I really don't think it's going to be that hard to get the belt off him...I could see his first defense losing it for him. Conor or Dustin are tough fights for him. No hate he just didn't look unbeatable with his win (obviously because he lost 8-10 in the first round.)
Even if Dustin beats him, it won't be easy. That's just what im saying. Not that he'll hold the belt for a long time, just that he's a tough out for anyone

it is, but also really dumb approach by chandler to start the second round like that.

Back