News Top Prospect Damir Ismagulov has curtain jerker duties?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What gives? Dude is 19-1 and can do it all. Solid fundamental, mixed with good wrestling, and mixes in spinning attacks and flying off the cage. He’s also a showman.

https://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Damir-Ismagulov-181183

Sometimes I wonder who actually sets up the bout orders and if they know what they’re doing.

2 of his 3 fights so far were curtain jerkers. Suffice to say the UFC wants him there for the time being.

And he's been out for enough time that a guy he beat is facing a top 10 guy.

This guy is one of the top 10 LWs in the world, if not top 5

Next level skills and great frame for the division

This guy is one of the top 10 LWs in the world, if not top 5

Next level skills and great frame for the division

LMAOOOOO top 5

Hes not even top 5 among unranked LWs

hes good but hes another Rashid. Technical fighter, high floor low ceiling. He will never sniff top 5

That’s the prime slot on the card. You know when and how hard to warm up, you don’t have to see a parade or winners and losers coming back stage, and you get to shower, change, grab a drink and watch the rest of the card.

I'm assuming it's to keep the his fight as closest to prime time as possible in Kazakstan/Russia?

Anyways this guy is awesome, anyone know why he hasn't fought in so long? Looks like he has all the skills to be a potential champ, I believe the hype.

He was supposed to fight last weekend but some shit happened.

The new Leonardo Santos. After Damir's upcoming fight, we won't see him again until 2024.
Yeah, I was excited about him after his debut 3 years ago but he never fights and he is already 31. No way he ever reaches top 5 being so inactive, another Islam Makachev.

Moises is already fighting a top 10. Reminds me of Khabib. He beat RDA and then RDA went on to become a champion while Khabib was undefeated but nowhere close to a belt because of how inactive he was. Yeah, I know, injuries, whatever. But he is already much older than Khabib and Islam to be in this position

What gives? Dude is 19-1 and can do it all. Solid fundamental, mixed with good wrestling, and mixes in spinning attacks and flying off the cage. He’s also a showman.
You have an excellent memory, TS. Damir hasn't fought in 2 years. If his best trick is a disappearing act, maybe he should be less of a showman.

Yeah, I was excited about him after his debut 3 years ago but he never fights and he is already 31. No way he ever reaches top 5 being so inactive, another Islam Makachev.

Moises is already fighting a top 10. Reminds me of Khabib. He beat RDA and then RDA went on to become a champion while Khabib was undefeated but nowhere close to a belt because of how inactive he was. Yeah, I know, injuries, whatever. But he is already much older than Khabib and Islam to be in this position
Ismagulov fought 3 times in UFC in less than a 9 months and I think he was posting on social media last summer how he was learning how to walk again.
Makhachev -- withdrew from the fight because he suddenly decided to go to a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia and was it him or Tukhugov who said "I will not take any fights in 4-5-6 months because I am preparing for my (Makhachev's) marriage"?

Back