Media Daniel Cormier: Charles Oliveira was yelling "SURPRISE! SURPRISE!"

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Something tells me, Charles Oliveira was speaking Portguese and DC just didn't understand.

(Now I know how conor haters feel like when Conor was knocked out by Dustin. I'm enjoying this too much.:D)

Why don't you like Chandler?
I think he's alright, but sometimes the inspirational speeches got old pretty quick. Besides that he's a great fighter.

Why don't you like Chandler?
I think he's alright, but sometimes the inspirational speeches got old pretty quick. Besides that he's a great fighter.
Arrogant, bigleagued everyone before coming to the UFC. His articulation(& no profanity) allows him to get away with it. Even conor wasn't talking like that until after he fought in the UFC. I would have less problem with it if he wasn't only on a 2 fight winning streak against non-contenders but acting like he can beat world class, when he wasn't even the number 1 in the promotion he left. That's pitbull. Bellator let him walk away, because he wasn't the crown jewel anymore. He was a restricted free agent. They had the right to refusal.

E1TEZGLXIAUUj0T

Give me a break. <Lmaoo>

Chandler's legit but Khabib would've submitted him quicker than Gaethje

Arrogant, bigleagued everyone before coming to the UFC. His articulation(& no profanity) allows him to get away with it. Even conor wasn't talking like that until after he fought in the UFC. I would have less problem with it if he wasn't only on a 2 fight winning streak against non-contenders but acting like he can beat world class, when he wasn't even the number 1 in the promotion he left. That's pitbull. Bellator let him walk away, because he wasn't the crown jewel anymore. He was a restricted free agent. They had the right to refusal.
I get some of those things. I can see some arrogance in him, since it probably costed him the fight. He tried to prove he was better on the ground than Oli round 1 instead of letting him stand up when he had him hurt.

I don't blame him for taking any opportunities, since most of them were from good timing anyway. I can't blame for anything in that department.

I still think he's a great fighter and a decent person, but I respect you're opinion.

E1TEZGLXIAUUj0T

Give me a break. <Lmaoo>

You sound sad. Cheer up, bud.

I get some of those things. I can see some arrogance in him, since it probably costed him the fight. He tried to prove he was better on the ground than Oli round 1 instead of letting him stand up when he had him hurt.

I don't blame him for taking any opportunities, since most of them were from good timing anyway. I can't blame for anything in that department.

I still think he's a great fighter and a decent person, but I respect you're opinion.
I would agree with your last two statements. I don't think he's satan. I just think he's arrogant. I also don't blame him for taking the opportunity, as many of us would and respect to him for showing up the first fight against hooker and in the championship fight. Respect to him for owning his comments about calling charles a quitter. I thought he was going to pout the same way he did after will brooks (twice), primus , and pitbull. He didn't. He owned it.

But it was nice to see arrogance can trumped down. Now he can go earn it and I think he should cut down on the paper cliche quotables

You sound sad. Cheer up, bud.
This is my way of doing it.:D

E1TEZGLXIAUUj0T

Give me a break. <Lmaoo>
So glad Oliveira blessed us with a beautiful celebration and spared us from a corny speech on hard work paying off and the virtues of being a father followed by a WWE style callout of Conor McGregor.

So glad Oliveira blessed us with a beautiful celebration and spared us from a corny speech on hard work paying off and the virtues of being a strong father figure for his son.
If chandler had won, I could have see him parlaying this into a TED talk somehow. He wants to be a motivational guru. To be honest, I think he has a nice story. But he tries to force his story. His story is simlar to Dustin's and Oliveira's but they come across more authentic. Just me. I know, I know I'm a hater. Whatever.

If chandler had won, I could have see him parlaying this into a TED talk somehow. He wants to be a motivational guru. To be honest, I think he has a nice story. But he tries to force his story. His story is simlar to Dustin's and Oliveira's but they come across more authentic. Just me. I know, I know I'm a hater. Whatever.
The difference is the genuineness vs the PR theatrics. Also Charles being more about his roots and community whereas Chandler seems more about his own greatness.

Imagine a guy in the UFC, getting knocked out in the championship fight, had a rematch, turned down the rematch to fight out his contract, fights an unranked guy. He beats an unranked no name fighter, then knocking out Old RDA and saying the reason why his RDA win is impressive is because its hard to knock RDA out clean. and he starts shouting to the world that He's better than all the top 10 in division. That's what Chandler did.

If he was already in the UFC, people would clown him for that shit. People clowned Conor for doing the exact same thing with cowboy<Lmaoo>:D

All of this.

Although I don't like him, Ariel Helwani gave an excellent account/story about Oliviera.

Almost perfectly stated, with no verbal stumbling. Impressive. Respect.

The difference is the genuineness vs the PR theatrics. Also Charles being more about his roots and community whereas Chandler seems more about his own greatness.
exactly, its so self centered. He overvalues his self importance. Nothing about it is humble. I get he wants to share confidence and inspire people that way, but Its arrogant to me.

E1SjNGTXsAIUTTI

This is more inspirational.

I would have less problem with it if he wasn't only on a 2 fight winning streak against non-contenders but acting like he can beat world class, when he wasn't even the number 1 in the promotion he left.

He came very close to being champion. He had Oliviera hurt badly.

exactly, its so self centered. He overvalues his self importance. Nothing about it is humble. I get he wants to share confidence and inspire people that way, but Its arrogant to me.

E1SjNGTXsAIUTTI

This is more inspirational.

Nope

He came very close to being champion. He had Oliviera hurt badly.
He's a good fighter. I don't think he's what he think he is. He can contend, but he will be middle of the pack. At 35. Maybe at 30 when it was hot potato, he would have won. Not gonna lie, the first round had me worried too.

Charles finishes him quicker in the rematch if they ever have one. I think the other top 3 guys walk through chandler.

agree to disagree.

Guy coming from the slums, called a quitter for a decade plus, over came adversity, gives back to his community and becomes a champion is an inspirational story.

Chandler has a nice story. I said that. He was a walk on in college and became successful in MMA. A lot of MMA fighters would love to have his career. I bet you will brooks would. But imo, he forces his story.

if an MMA HOF existed, Chandler is probably a HOFer.

agree to disagree.

Guy coming from the slums, called a quitter for a decade plus, over came adversity, gives back to his community and becomes a champion is an inspirational story.

Chandler has a nice story. I said that. He was a walk on in college and became successful in MMA. A lot of MMA fighters would love to have his career. I bet you will brooks would. But imo, he forces his story.

Watch the video. It's required viewing. There's a mental component that you're completely missing.

Back