Media Fiziev Recent Interview

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score

Cliffs:

- Lol he refers to Drew Dober as "this playboy guy, I forget his name, he's a big playboy on Instagram, last time he lost to Islam..." (I think he says this because of Drew's topless airbrushed pics with handsome face, jawline and washboard abs)

- in the past he called out Fighter Kevin Lee, Korean Zombie, Iaquinta, Jeremy Stephens....but nowadays he's thinking about Moises, Hernandez, or Dober

- found out about the Islam Moises fight morning of this interview

- he doesn't care about rankings for now, wants to fight 2-3 more times before asking for ranked opponents

- on possibly fighting Islam he said its not a priority for him to fight other Muslims (This is probably also why Islam picked Moises over Fiziev - I didn't know before this interview that Fiziev is Muslim)

- he can fight Muslims if he needs to but doesn't feel good about it

- seems like a respectful guy, I'm a new fan

So he likes beating up people as long as they aren't Muslim? Ahhhh.... the stone age.

Nice guy I'm sure, but next....

Not only Muslims but most prefer to fight outside of their demographic. For ex Usman said he wouldn't fight Izzy because they're both African.

Not only Muslims but most prefer to fight outside of their demographic. For ex Usman said he wouldn't fight Izzy because they're both African.

Which is cave man logic. This is the hurt business. There is also artistry in abundance within MMA. There is discipline, respect, diligence, preparation, and an earnestness in most practitioners to be the absolute best they can be. Nonetheless this is sports entertainment and I absolutely hate it when fighters spout nonsense about who is their brother and who isn't. There is one set of human beings. That's it.

That's a bit different. If UFC was full of Africans they probably wouldn't mind fighting each other, just like Americans and Brazilians do. It's only because they're so few they support each other.

With the Muslim fighters it seems more like "it's ok to beat up dirty non-believers but not those of the right faith" kinda of thing. Doesn't sit right with me but whatever, as long as it doesn't disrupt the division I don't care.

Which is cave man logic. This is the hurt business. There is artistry in abundance within MMA. There is discipline, respect, diligence, preparation, and an earnestness in most practitioners to be the absolute best they can be. Nonetheless this is sports entertainment and I absolutely hate it when fighters spout nonsense about who is their brother and who isn't. There is one set of human beings. That's it.

He didn't say he'd never fight a Muslim and I'm sure he has in the past, it's just not his first preference.

Which is cave man logic. This is the hurt business. There is artistry in abundance within MMA. There is discipline, respect, diligence, preparation, and an earnestness in most practitioners to be the absolute best they can be. Nonetheless this is sports entertainment and I absolutely hate it when fighters spout nonsense about who is their brother and who isn't. There is one set of human beings. That's it.
Yeah.. I understand if there's a friendship to not fight each other. Kinda like the DC and Cain situation, where DC moved down a weight class.

This whole shit about not fighting an opponent due to nationality, race, religion, etc is getting ridiculous.

He didn't say he'd never fight a Muslim and I'm sure he has in the past, it's just not his first preference.

Wrong business then no? I get he says he will, but the insinuation is distasteful.

That's a bit different. If UFC was full of Africans they probably wouldn't mind fighting each other, just like Americans and Brazilians do. It's only because they're so few they support each other.

With the Muslim fighters it seems more like "it's ok to beat up dirty non-believers but not those of the right faith" kinda of thing. Doesn't sit right with me but whatever, as long as it doesn't disrupt the division I don't care.

No one said "dirty non-believers" lol now you're stereotyping. They don't look down on non-muslim fighters they just feel a bit of loyalty towards other Muslim fighters. If you watch the interview he's respectful to all fighters.

Reactions: 2EZ
No one said "dirty non-believers" lol now you're stereotyping. They don't look down on non-muslim fighters they just feel a bit of loyalty towards other Muslim fighters. If you watch the interview he's respectful to all fighters.
Yeah I probably jumped the gun there, didn't mean to be a jerk. It's a non-issue until there's some ridiculous situation where two guys refuse to fight each other because of religion despite it being the obvious fight to make.

Which is cave man logic. This is the hurt business. There is also artistry in abundance within MMA. There is discipline, respect, diligence, preparation, and an earnestness in most practitioners to be the absolute best they can be. Nonetheless this is sports entertainment and I absolutely hate it when fighters spout nonsense about who is their brother and who isn't. There is one set of human beings. That's it.
would you fight your own brother?

I like this guy. Probably the best striker in the UFC.
<JackieThumbsUp>

I'm sure Khabib would have said the same if asked, and no one can criticize his career choice lol

Khabib was amazing. I wasn't sure early but when all was said and done he was spectacular within the realm of MMA. However, history is littered with smart men who were extremely short sighted outside their area of expertise. I wish it wasn't so.

would you fight your own brother?

I have a brother. A blood brother and the answer is no. Now outside of that blood brother born of the same parents every man, woman, and child in good stead on this planet stands on equal footing in their relationship with me. So in that sense yes I would. I try my best to not separate people due to religion or any other personal philosophy. I wish we all did better in that regard.

I have a brother. A blood brother and the answer is no. Now outside of that blood brother born of the same parents every man, woman, and child in good stead on this planet stands on equal footing in their relationship with me. So in that sense yes I would. I try my best to not separate people due to religion or any other personal philosophy. I wish we all did better in that regard.

So you don't cheer for your country in say, the Olympics? Feeling loyalty towards something doesn't mean you believe in inequality.

So you don't cheer for your country in say, the Olympics? Feeling loyalty towards something doesn't mean you believe in inequality.

Absolutely, I love a good dose of patriotism, absolutely love it, and don't begrudge anyone else their own version of that. I'm a teenager of the 80s and the miracle on ice is a very vivid memory.

However, religion is a personal philosophy and creates more problems than it solves where society as a whole is concerned. People will argue this, but it is a definite.

Absolutely, I love a good dose of patriotism, absolutely love it, and don't begrudge anyone else their own version of that. I'm a teenager of the 80s and the miracle on ice is a very vivid memory.

However, religion is a personal philosophy and creates more problems that it solves where society as a whole is concerned. People will argue this, but it is a definite.

I won't debate the 2nd paragraph but IMO that's a different topic than Fiziev saying he prefers fighting non-Muslims. On the same token he probably also prefers not to fight Christians from his country, teammates, etc.

Back on topic, Fiziev is for real. I'd like to see him against Alexander Hernandez next, that's probably the highest opponent he can realistically get right now. Hooker would be fun too but he's probably ducking him due to not being ranked.

Back