Top 5 MMA grapplers ever

Askren’s chin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In this we will look at both the wrestling and grappling of these fighters.

1) Gsp: a man with a karate background would go on to have the greatest takedowns ever seen in combat sports. He used his explosiveness and timing to put anyone on the mat. He out wrestled the best wrestlers of his time so I think he is an obvious choice. He is also arguably the best submission artist and top player OAT.
2) DC: Olympic wrestler, great gnp and control and his takedowns are phenomenal. He, at his peak, was quick powerful and efficient. His strength allowed him to submit and tko many men on the ground.
3) Maia: goat bjj guy
4) cejudo: gold medal, what else can you say?
5) werdum: ATG bjj player who also possess one of the best resumes in the sport submitting legends like fedor or cain.

Agree? Disagree? What is your list?

1. Paul "BearJew" Craig.
i

The rest don't matter.

If you're not putting Khabib in the top 5, then you're probably trolling.

I have it:

1. GSP
2. Khabib
3. Maia
4. Werdum
5. Can't decide on a definitive #5... DC's certainly in the running, along with Jones, Jacare, Big Nog and others

1) Gsp: a man with a karate background would go on to have the greatest takedowns ever seen in combat sports. He used his explosiveness and timing to put anyone on the mat. He out wrestled the best wrestlers of his time so I think he is an obvious choice. He is also arguably the best submission artist and top player OAT.
2) DC: Olympic wrestler, great gnp and control and his takedowns are phenomenal. He, at his peak, was quick powerful and efficient. His strength allowed him to submit and tko many men on the ground.
5) werdum: ATG bjj player who also possess one of the best resumes in the sport submitting legends like fedor or cain.

I'm not even a Khabib guy, but a top 5 grapplers list without him is crazy. Any list you could put Maia on, you have to put Khabib on

GSP
Jones
Khabib
Maia
Werdum

If you're not putting Khabib in the top 5, then you're probably trolling.

I have it:

1. GSP
2. Khabib
3. Maia
4. Werdum
5. Can't decide on a definitive #5... DC's certainly in the running, along with Jones, Jacare, Big Nog and others
I can’t justify Khabib top 5

Khabib grappling >> GSP.

George isn't nearly as good as khabib on the ground. And most of his takedown are well timed double leg. He doesn't have the variety of takedowns and chain wrestling like khabib.

God wish UFC didnt protect Khabib or Khabib had guts to move up to his original weight class.

GSP would have made Khabib look so bad.

Back