Dariush sub attempt?

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the post fight presser Dana talked about the submission and kept referencing Tony’s ankle, he said “ it was swollen like a golf ball after the sub attempt..
Dariush kept talking about Tony’s knee popping. Which is most impacted by the heel hook, and why the conflicting info?

Dana talked about the submission and kept referencing Tony’s ankle, he said “ it was swollen like a golf ball after the sub attempt..
Don't most of our ankles look like golf balls though? Lol

Dana said it was the ankle, while Benny said he felt the knee pop. While all of that might be true, Tony is a straight up badass for never tapping to that or the Olivera arm bar.

Guys do you expect Tony to even continue fighting this year? Have we heard from Tony post fight? I hope he is OK.

I LOLed when Dariush referred to Tony as a "zombie" for not tapping.

the ligament that runs from your knee down to your ankle is what tears

whether ACL, MCL or both

Don't most of our ankles look like golf balls though? Lol

Dana said it was the ankle, while Benny said he felt the knee pop. While all of that might be true, Tony is a straight up badass for never tapping to that or the Olivera arm bar.
Tony is an idiot and should have tapped to both tbh

Heel hooks primarily attack the knee. The ankle can be affected as well but that isn't what is being targeted with the submission, when it's applied correctly. With an inverted heel hook, it's basically all on the knee. It's more devastating than a standard heel hook and can shred the knee ligaments.

In the vast majority of subs like that, it's the knee that gets destroyed. Just lift your leg and move your foot, you'll see that your ankle can move in a lot more different ways than your knee.

the ligament that runs from your knee down to your ankle is what tears

I'm pretty sure that there's no such ligament in the human body.

Heel hooks primarily attack the knee. The ankle can be affected as well but that isn't what is being targeted with the submission, when it's applied correctly. With an inverted heel hook, it's basically all on the knee. It's more devastating than a standard heel hook and can shred the knee ligaments.
This, Dana doesn't know shit

One guy's a fighter and was in the cage. The other ones a bald goof.

Back