News Giga Chikadze teases upcoming UFC fight: “I’m fighting one of the fighters I called out next"

Who do you think is Chikadze's next opponent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
1315764975.jpg

"After beating Swanson, Chikadze called out five fighters: Max Holloway, Calvin Kattar, Yair Rodriguez,
Jeremy Stephens, and Donald Cerrone."

"By process of elimination, we can already take off Stephens and Cerrone from his list of potential opponents. Stephens is taking on Mateusz Gamrot this summer, while Cerrone is taking time off to heal up after getting knocked out by Alex Morono. So it seems as though Chikadze will be fighting one of Holloway, Kattar, or Rodriguez."

Read full story here: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ghting-one-of-the-fighters-i-called-out-next/

d78W11W.jpg

I'll go with Kattar...

Pretty much it makes the most sense. Though in a recent interview Yair said he is targeting July for his return, which is pretty good match too.

It's not Max and Yair is presumably still stuck in his lover's tiff with Zabit given both have shown little to no inclination to return to the ring. Zabit's hilariously claiming he's earned a title shot and failing to get one will see him retire, and Yair's still talking about Zabit despite ducking him multiple times and having his suspension being finished since what February? Process of elimination say's its Kattar, hope it's not too soon for Kattar to return, that guy took one helluva beating in his last fight.

I'd think it's kattar, but he only recently got back to training and i know his coach doesn't seem keen on accepting fights for him right now. Maybe if they scheduled it far in advance it could be him

Last edited:
Reactions: Gio
It's Kattar.
Let's not kid ourselves and act like top-ranked UFC fighters would actually defend their ranking against a lower ranked guy.

Holloway fight doesn't make any sense. It's probably Cattar given that he comes off a loss and unlike the other guy he is actually interesting in fighting.

Pretty much it makes the most sense. Though in a recent interview Yair said he is targeting July for his return, which is pretty good match too.
I think it will be yair, the timing of his return fits and this fight imo is the easiest one to promote as yair has one hell of a highlight. Not saying kattar doesnt, but yairs is flashier wich makes it more interesting to casuals.

Tho i wouldnt get butthurt if they make either of these 3 matchups, tho max is unlikely.

I think it will be yair, the timing of his return fits and this fight imo is the easiest one to promote as yair has one hell of a highlight. Not saying kattar doesnt, but yairs is flashier wich makes it more interesting to casuals.

Tho i wouldnt get butthurt if they make either of these 3 matchups, tho max is unlikely.

I hope so. I miss the guy fighting. But with his history of pulling out and injuries, my safe bet is on Kattar, though I gotta admit Giga vs Yair will be crazy good.

I hope it's Kattar. That would be a banger. Not deserving of Max. And I doubt Yair takes it. He comes off as a egotistical fella. He probably thinks he deserves Max. When in reality he's gonna be coming off of a suspension for not be available for drug testing.

Poor Cerrone. A win over him at this point just doesn't mean that much.

Gotta be Calvin. Isn't Yair being held captive my the Mexican Cartel or something?

There was a thread last week mentioning Max Holloway being back in the gym and seemingly getting ready for a fight sometime this summer. Maybe Max is fighting Yair and Giga will fight Katter.

1315764975.jpg

"After beating Swanson, Chikadze called out five fighters: Max Holloway, Calvin Kattar, Yair Rodriguez,
Jeremy Stephens, and Donald Cerrone."

"By process of elimination, we can already take off Stephens and Cerrone from his list of potential opponents. Stephens is taking on Mateusz Gamrot this summer, while Cerrone is taking time off to heal up after getting knocked out by Alex Morono. So it seems as though Chikadze will be fighting one of Holloway, Kattar, or Rodriguez."

Read full story here: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ghting-one-of-the-fighters-i-called-out-next/

Holloway would literally beat this guy down. I never thought much of this guy, one of those cases where I was proven very very wrong.

Back