Predict the next two title fights in each division

Diamond Dallas Poirier

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Heavyweight
Francis Ngannou defeats Derrick Lewis
Francis Ngannou defeats Ciryl Gane (Gane beats Volkov, and Jones doesn't take the Ngannou fight)

Light Heavyweight
Jan Blachowicz defeats Glover Teixeira
Jiri Prochazka defeats Jan Blachowicz

Middleweight
Israel Adesanya defeats Marvin Vettori (easily this time)
Israel Adesanya defeats Robert Whittaker (with more difficulty this time. Not sure who Rob beats to get the shot)

Welterweight
Kamaru Usman defeats Colby Covington (by earlier knockout)
Kamaru Usman defeats Leon Edwards (by clear decision, striking mixed with wrestling, after Edwards beats Diaz)

Lightweight
Conor McGregor defeats Charles Oliveira (avenges Poirier loss and finishes Charles in the first round)
Justin Gaethje defeats Islam Makhachev (Conor takes other fights; Justin upsets Islam for vacant title)

Featherweight
Brian Ortega defeats Alex Volkanovski
Max Holloway defeats Brian Ortega (though gets dropped and caught in sub attempt but survives)

Bantamweight
Petr Yan defeats Aljo Sterling
Petr Yan defeats Cory Sandhagen (close decision)

Flyweight
Deiveson Figueiredo defeats Brandon Moreno (by finish)
Askar Askarov defeats Deiveson Figueiredo (Deiveson does well early but fails to finish, gasses, gets subbed. Then they'll rematch...)

W.Bantamweight
Amanda Nunes defeats Julianna Pena (2nd round TKO, or maybe a corner stoppage)
Valentina Shevchenko defeats Amanda Nunes (gets rocked early but shocks the world by countering and finishing Nunes shortly after)

W.Flyweight
Valentina Shevchenko defeats Joanne Calderwood (1st or 2nd round submission)
Valentina Shevchenko defeats Alexa Grasso by close decision (this is after Val upsets Amanda)

W.Strawweight
Rose Namajunas defeats Weili Zhang (clear decision)
Rose Namajunas defeats Carla Esparza (TKO, avenging her loss)

Middleweight
Israel Adesanya defeats Robert Whittaker (with more difficulty this time. Not sure who Rob beats to get the shot)
Not sure who Rob beats to get a shot? Wtf lol
He beat two top 5 fighters and a certified top 10 on short notice. Rob doesn't need to fight again for a TS, he already earned it.

Not sure who Rob beats to get a shot? Wtf lol
He beat two top 5 fighters and a certified top 10 on short notice. Rob doesn't need to fight again for a TS, he already earned it.
Timing. He may not have to defeat anyone, but Izzy hasn't even fought Vettori yet. So Rob might have to.

Heavyweight
Francis Ngannou defeats Derrick Lewis
Francis Ngannou defeats Ciryl Gane (Gane beats Volkov, and Jones doesn't take the Ngannou fight)

Light Heavyweight
Jan Blachowicz defeats Glover Teixeira
Jiri Prochazka defeats Jan Blachowicz

Middleweight

Welterweight
Kamaru Usman defeats Colby Covington (by earlier knockout)
Kamaru Usman defeats Leon Edwards (by clear decision, striking mixed with wrestling, after Edwards beats Diaz)

Lightweight
Conor McGregor defeats Charles Oliveira (avenges Poirier loss and finishes Charles in the first round)
Justin Gaethje defeats Islam Makhachev (Conor takes other fights; Justin upsets Islam for vacant title)

Featherweight
Brian Ortega defeats Alex Volkanovski
Max Holloway defeats Brian Ortega (though gets dropped and caught in sub attempt but survives)

Bantamweight
Petr Yan defeats Aljo Sterling
Petr Yan defeats Cory Sandhagen (close decision)

Flyweight
Deiveson Figueiredo defeats Brandon Moreno (by finish)
Askar Askarov defeats Deiveson Figueiredo (Deiveson does well early but fails to finish, gasses, gets subbed. Then they'll rematch...)

W.Bantamweight
Amanda Nunes defeats Julianna Pena (2nd round TKO, or maybe a corner stoppage)
Valentina Shevchenko defeats Amanda Nunes (gets rocked early but shocks the world by countering and finishing Nunes shortly after)

W.Flyweight
Valentina Shevchenko defeats Joanne Calderwood (1st or 2nd round submission)
Valentina Shevchenko defeats Alexa Grasso by close decision (this is after Val upsets Amanda)

W.Strawweight
Rose Namajunas defeats Weili Zhang (clear decision)
Rose Namajunas defeats Carla Esparza (TKO, avenging her loss)

So Val is going to knock Nunes out but have a close decision against Alexa Grasso?

Hilarious, or just a hater?

Conor is favorite to beat Dustin in the rematch. Has already beaten him once. Did damage in the rematch.

Conor is a finisher. Does best in the first round. 7 of Charles's 8 losses are by finish, 4 of which are in the first round.

Nothing I said there is crazy, and one would have to tell themselves stories to make it seem as such. Of course what I predicted might not happen, but I'm sticking my neck out. What are your predictions?

Why should Adesanya win easily this time?
Vettori was green at 24 and is better at 27 now.
While Adesanya is over 100 fights into his career and most likely not getting better. Just lost to Jan, which hurt his confidence and stagnated.

Why? Rob is ready to go by the end of summer/fall and knocked off Till, Cannonier and Kelvin.
He beat everyone. Who else should he fight besides the champ?
Depends on how Izzy comes out of the Vettori fight, so when he can fight again, and whether he wants to fight again. He'll have fought twice in 3 months if the fight goes ahead next month. If it doesn't then that'll delay the next MW defense even further. If August comes by then Till/Brunson is happening, and the winner could leapfrog Rob. He may or may not have to fight again.

Hilarious, or just a hater?

Conor is favorite to beat Dustin in the rematch. Has already beaten him once. Did damage in the rematch.

Conor is a finisher. Does best in the first round. 7 of Charles's 8 losses are by finish, 4 of which are in the first round.

Nothing I said there is crazy, and one would have to tell themselves stories to make it seem as such. Of course what I predicted might not happen, but I'm sticking my neck out. What are your predictions?
Buddy he beat him 6 years ago at a completely different weightclass. Dustin is a different fighter and Conor hasn't proved shit since 2016.
Charles has also changed bro, fighters evolve and if anything Conor's skills have regressed.

Thinly veiled Conor knob slobbering post.
Unveiled Conor hate post. The man occupies a single line in my long post. If I was knob slobbering, I'd have picked him to avenge the Khabib loss in the 2nd LW title fight. If Conor is in your head after reading that post, then the problem is with you, mate.

So, to be clear, you expect Conor to win the LW strap, but then vacate it?

Why should Adesanya win easily this time?
Vettori was green at 24 and is better at 27 now.
While Adesanya is over 100 fights into his career and most likely not getting better. Just lost to Jan, which hurt his confidence and stagnated.
It's just how I see the matchup. Vettori won't be able to hold Izzy against the cage this time. He'll have his moments, but Izzy will defend wrestling attempts better this time, and outstrike Vettori.

Dana said Stipe gets next title shot after Black Beast.

I think Francis beats them both.

Poirier beats Oliviera and then beats Gaethje.

Izzy beats Vettori and Rob

Jan beats Glover and Jiri

Usman beats Colby and loses to Goatzat.

Buddy he beat him 6 years ago at a completely different weightclass. Dustin is a different fighter and Conor hasn't proved shit since 2016.
Charles has also changed bro, fighters evolve and if anything Conor's skills have regressed.
I know he beat him 6 years ago. Over 6 years ago even. But the stuff I said is true. Conor did beat him. He did hurt him in the rematch. And he is betting favorite. I'm open to the argument that Conor has regressed, but I'm not convinced yet.

Unveiled Conor hate post. The man occupies a single line in my long post. If I was knob slobbering, I'd have picked him to avenge the Khabib loss in the 2nd LW title fight. If Conor is in your head after reading that post, then the problem is with you, mate.
The only "head" here is the one you giving to Conor every night.

CXIny2g.gif

So, to be clear, you expect Conor to win the LW strap, but then vacate it?
I don't expect it. My predictions are what I think is more likely than any other individual outcome. But they aren't necessarily what I think will happen. E.g. What dice roll is the most likely out of the following?:

Either 1 or 2

I'd pick either 1 or 2, since it has a 2/6 chance of happening, while the others just have 1/6 chance. But if you ask me if I think 1 or 2 against 3 or 4 or 5 or 6, then I'd take the latter.

Anyway, Conor wouldn't necessarily have to vacate or be stripped. He'd have to take a boxing match or a fight at WW or get stuck in negotiations with the UFC again. Though him getting stripped could happen eventually.

Back