Muniz' Armbar Idea, Any other Similar Examples?

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
ShoddyDazzlingAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

By far the closest I can think of is Rousey/Zingano. I'm surprised that this counter to grabbing the head isn't more common.

AlienatedThirstyBeauceron-small.gif

tumblr_nt8oshulPg1uz08fro2_400.gif

Really, nobody? There have been literally tens of thousands of MMA fights...

I see it as something closer to the Mir lock, or even a kimura, than to a regular armbar, because the pressure wasn't on an extended arm but in "twisting" the arm.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-30-at-9.27.32-AM.png

tumblr_mbsj5zROKf1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

ShoddyDazzlingAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

By far the closest I can think of is Rousey/Zingano. I'm surprised that this counter to grabbing the head isn't more common.

AlienatedThirstyBeauceron-small.gif

tumblr_nt8oshulPg1uz08fro2_400.gif

Well going for the arm when you're being shook off the back over the top is a common armbar set up, I think Jacare was just that confident in his grappling that he waited until it was too late to take the armbar attempt seriously
I see it as something closer to the Mir lock, or even a kimura, than to a regular armbar, because the pressure wasn't on an extended arm but in "twisting" the arm.

Nah its more like Mir's armbar on Sylvia
M-8frp8TQy-4qWN1a0wV49JF3cyonwcZngtpw-OHzK8njhCtkUgZFuvppKw7Nhbk4oqF1Kgn3pxGVeu0GN3NJ9j7dXUpYafs2YoBY63AADoLFQif1A

Happens when the guy defending can get their elbow out which makes them feel safe but some guys like Mir and Muniz can get enough leverage that even with the elbow out of the armbar they can just apply the force to the forearm and break it.

First weidmans leg, and now jacares arm.

Ufc needs to give their fighters mandatory milk at the weigh ins to strengthen their bones :D

It's very common in BJJ. See it when it doesn't work in MMA all the time, the guy ends up on bottom. It's just most fighters don't have the ability to do it without fucking up and ending up on bottom. Going for that and getting it on Jacare is amazing.

That's my favorite sub ever. I'd like this post if I could

It's very common in BJJ. See it when it doesn't work in MMA all the time, the guy ends up on bottom. It's just most fighters don't have the ability to do it without fucking up and ending up on bottom. Going for that and getting it on Jacare is amazing.
Well then post a fight where somebody went for that technique and failed.

Just really great situational awareness by Muniz

I’m still not understanding how the humerus broke. Usually, the elbow hyper extends or the radius/ulna breaks. Was Muniz just really high up on the arm?

There are some similar ones in this video, specifically #4, and #5 to some degree.

1. Those are all fucking beautiful.

2. They are not identical to the ones in the OP. In the OP, it is right arm attacking right arm. In these ONE clips, it is left arm attacking right arm.

1. Those are all fucking beautiful.

2. They are not identical to the ones in the OP. In the OP, it is right arm attacking right arm. In these ONE clips, it is left arm attacking right arm.

You said similar... lol. I can't really think of any identical ones off the top of my head.

You said similar... lol. I can't really think of any identical ones off the top of my head.
They're certainly similar in that they involve attacking the armbar with an overhook from mount. The ones in the OP involve essentially attacking the overhook from back mount.

Back