What's the best place to study previous rankings of MMA?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So, I've been trying to dig around and see how it changed over time, kinda, like from 2000.

But it looks like MMA rankings from back then isn't around any more on the web. There are ranking sites for MMA online, but it looks like it's generated list after the fact, based on whatever scoring system they use, not necessarily the rankings back then.

I mean Sherdog used to have rankings of their own, but they stopped that, and it looks like they took down whatever rankings they had in the past.

Sherbros, what says you? What would be the best way to look at previous rankings from 10, 20 years ago?

9944c374a9ae07ac9a98638ee81d2c03.gif

I got you bro! Here's the top 5 of 2000
Wanderlei
Fedor
Shogun
Iceman
Hellboy
If you didn't know them by one name then they weren't shit. And that's all you need to know. Boom!

There wasn't rankings really until subjective niche sites made some, then the UFC had official rankings. So if you don't want generated or opinion based or you doing the actual research of top fighters in different orgs in different eras...well then you're probably shit out of luck.

There's no magical rankings for 1993-2010 ish. It was the wild west to pretty obvious but still nothing official. Even the rankings now, what are they? Not even really objective or set in stone per se.

The OGs know back in the day a fighter’s Wikipedia page had their Sherdog ranking and that was pretty much their rank colloquially until the UFC created and promoted their own.

There wasn't rankings really until subjective niche sites made some, then the UFC had official rankings. So if you don't want generated or opinion based or you doing the actual research of top fighters in different orgs in different eras...well then you're probably shit out of luck.

There's no magical rankings for 1993-2010 ish. It was the wild west to pretty obvious but still nothing official. Even the rankings now, what are they? Not even really objective or set in stone per se.

Sherdog used to have rankings bruh for one. Like in early 2000's too. Long before UFC came up with their made up rankings

Mmaweekly was the go to ranking site for a long time. First one I ever knew of.

Why did Sherdog delete their rankings I dont know man :( MMA weeklys rankings from early 2000 doens't seem to be around either..

Back