Assuming he fights again, who should Tony Ferguson fight next?

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Despite calls for his retirement, I imagine Tony will fight again in the UFC.
Who would you like to see him fight next? Here's who I came up with:

Ranked fighters or prospects
- Paul Felder
- Kevin Lee rematch
- winner of Drew Dober vs Brad Riddell
- Arman Tsarukyan
- Rafael Fiziev

Old guy fights / Loser goes home matches
- Cowboy rematch
- Jim Miller
- Matt Brown
- Carlos Condit
- Nick or Nate Diaz

Intentionally left out Islam Makhachev & Gregor Gillespie because we all know Tony has nothing for those guys at this point, those are the cruelest matches you could make for Tony.

Diego, Cowboy, Conor etc

Someone who is also on a fast decline

Despite calls for his retirement, I imagine Tony will fight again in the UFC.
Who would you like to see him fight next? Here's who I came up with:

Ranked fighters or prospects
- Paul Felder
- Kevin Lee rematch
- winner of Drew Dober vs Brad Riddell
- Arman Tsarukyan
- Rafael Fiziev

Old guy fights / Loser goes home matches
- Cowboy rematch
- Jim Miller
- Matt Brown
- Carlos Condit
- Nick or Nate Diaz

Intentionally left out Islam Makhachev & Gregor Gillespie because we all know Tony has nothing for those guys at this point, those are the cruelest matches you could make for Tony.

Jim Miller would be my choice.

Miller is game and good everywhere, but he’s not likely to knock Tony out or lay on him for three rounds. It should be a fun romp that allows both to do what they do best.

I don’t want to see him go up to welterweight at all. He already looks a little weak at 155 now.

Agree that Gillespie and Islam would just smother him, no need to see that. Think Arman would too. Think Felder would beat him up and Fiziev would potentially get a highlight reel KO.

Tony is basically done and should only fight another fighter who is on his way out in my opinion.

Someone they want to build from the contender series...

A fun fight. Nate would be good. Possibly Conor if he loses to Poirier again.

This probably goes the route of Souza, someone younger with a definable skillset lower on the main card or main on the prelims. He's still marketable, likeable, and talented, but looked like he was my age ; 37 with wear and tear heh.

Cowboy rematch in a loser retires / actual retirement fight might be fun. I dunno. So shitty at 155 because the decline is so blatant in movement and speed, like... overnight.

Nate after he loses to Leon would be a fun fight versus 2 names who have no business fighting the top anymore.

Keep Tony for a few more fights. Feed him once good but now a scrub like Cowboy. If Tony wins they go bye bye

Keep Tony for a few more fights. Feed him once good but now a scrub like Cowboy. If Tony wins they go bye bye
The fuck man.... "scrub" = most wins in UFC history these days? Sure he has his losses, but his balls are the size of fuckign watermelons for staying active, taking short notice, and fighting in multiple weight classes...

Heh, even you "old" accounts are fickle asshats sometimes. His 8 in a row from 2013 to 2015 (5/8 finishes) was fun as fuck, and yet you use the word "scrub" to define the fact he was 4 "of the night" bonuses deep and challenging for the title?

Back