Can You Roll a Head Kick

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Watching some KOs and wondering if you can roll a headkick. Most common thing I see is people leaning back but can you shoulder roll it like a punch?

Why pull back on that and not try to roll it?

From what I understand, no you cannot. I mean I guess if you have god like reflexes, sure.

You can therotically roll with any strike to the head. Besides maybe like a front kick, or axe kick

Perfect roll right there
...............<This7>
bf7254368174ae4106a5a57f4852c297.gif

Last edited:
I mean sure. I feel like it would be doable if the foot was hitting you. But not sure a flush shin to the head would be possible.

You can. I remember Tony Ferguson rolling with a headkick from Cowboy. Couldn't find the gif unfortunately but it looked pretty sick.

Btw, that kid Tawanchai looked absolutely phenomenal in that fight.

Last edited:
Watching some KOs and wondering if you can roll a headkick. Most common thing I see is people leaning back but can you shoulder roll it like a punch?

Why pull back on that and not try to roll it?

I wouldn't recommend it...too much power to chance on rolling it...

Best to be out of the way by anymeans...

Either getting closer or all the way out ...

The lean back isnt truly effective either as we see in the O.P...thats a reflexes race and if you misjudge it ur gone

You can. I remember Tony Ferguson rolling with a headkick from Cowboy. Couldn't find the gif unfortunately but it looked pretty sick.

Btw, that kid Tawanchai looked absolutely phenomenal in that fight.

If he can keep making 145 he can be a star. He has problems making the weight. Nong O vs Tawanchai would be epic

Super risky. Getting hit on top of the head is pretty bad. Or if the kick comes in lower than you thought you roll straight into the kick or even the knee. I did that once and it was pretty painful.

Back