Is it Time for Tony Fergusson to go to Bellator?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He has nothing left in the UFC. Its time for Coker to bring him into the ufc retirement league.

Hopefully retire as with his style and toughness he's just going to get badly hurt if he carries in fighting regardless of whether it's in the ufc, bellator or anywhere else.

UFC won't cut him, at least not right now.

I'll always love Tony and respect him for his unreal run in the LW division, but I think it's pretty clear he has nothing left for the elite UFC fighters at the top of the LW division anymore. Would love to see him get one more UFC fight against a markedly lower level of competition (Jim Miller, Marc Diakiese, Clay Guida, John Makdessi, etc) and have a chance to go out on a W. Then either retire or move on to Bellator.

If he's in it for the Checks sure

otherwise its that time !!

I almost felt like he was about to set his gloves down for a split second but didnt

save your brain dude and retire !!

He needs to retire. He never learned proper technique and always relied on toughness and speed and now that is gone he's completely washed up

Tony wouldnt even do good in barenuckle he's one of the most overrated fighters in this sport, at least he has those type of guys comments going for him..

Time for him to retire for sure. Too old, slow, no technique. He's even too scared to get hit now, he reacts frantically

He has nothing left in the UFC. Its time for Coker to bring him into the ufc retirement league.
I think the biggest issue is that he's (pretty clearly) cracked mentally. 'He was very physically fit and healthy. He wasn't looking that slow, he just looked like he was giving up and being "OK" with a lot of shit positions. . . .and he's getting dominated by the best of the best at this point.

The worst thing you see in Tony's last two matches is a guy that wasn't even close of being competitive. I think the Justin fight just took everything he had left at the top level out of him.

Probably should retire. I guess the only question is how far down the ranking does he have to go to find a competitive match up at this point, 12 to 18 or so is what I'm thinking. Not sure his ego can take that and I'm not sure fans want to see that. Moving to Bellator or PFL isn't going to change much.

There's still a couple of fights I'd like to see him in, in the UFC. I'd love to see him vs. Nate, or him vs. Conor.

His days of making a championship run seem to be over. But there's still money fights to be had here.

Coker said he's stopping hiring UFC rejects.
The days of hasbeens getting good money in Bellator are over

No

There's still a few more fighters I want to see beat him first.

Back